Author Topic: Trump's cheese-maze strategy.  (Read 7508 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Trump's cheese-maze strategy.
« on: July 01, 2017, 11:41:18 PM »
http://bigleaguepolitics.com/trumps-cheese-maze-strategy/

Man, I really don't want to like Trump but if this article is true then he may well be the greatest president in the history of the US and one of the best heads-of-state of all-time. And how can you not like that?

I mean we're here getting to watch it, it's not something we're reading in a history book or watching a movie of.

He very well could destroy the progressive project and we will be the first people to benefit! And we'll be able to tell our grandkids about it. Of course some of you have grandkids already but be sure to mention it anyway.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Trump's cheese-maze strategy.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:26:30 AM »
Heh-heh-heh-hehhhhh...

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 04:08:13 AM »
I've thought that for a while.  He uses his twitter account to keep the left, press, and even Congress, looking the wrong way while he gets a lot donee. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 04:19:56 AM »
I've thought that for a while.  He uses his twitter account to keep the left, press, and even Congress, looking the wrong way while he gets a lot donee. 
I've seen this for a while. I admit that I had some serious concerns about Trump's candidacy early on, thinking he was false opposition. That obviously turned out to be incorrect. Then I began to notice his brilliance in deceiving the mainstream media, and I lol'd, thinking it was mostly for sh!ts and giggles, but I had not considered it as an anti-Alinskyist tactic. Well played, Mr President. Well played.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680
Sort of like Trump's tweet from earlier today?   =D  

It does make some sense.  If you were planning on getting an agenda done, you would have to account for the MSM/Democrats trying to manipulate public opinion and the media narrative to undermine your efforts.  They did it to W. Bush constantly and most of the time he acted like he was blindsided every time.  It sounds like Trump has some good sense himself and he hired people who were also very good.  

I wonder what his administration will be able to do when he actually gets all his appointments approved. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 02:23:03 AM »
http://bigleaguepolitics.com/trumps-cheese-maze-strategy/

Man, I really don't want to like Trump but if this article is true then he may well be the greatest president in the history of the US and one of the best heads-of-state of all-time. And how can you not like that?

I mean we're here getting to watch it, it's not something we're reading in a history book or watching a movie of.

He very well could destroy the progressive project and we will be the first people to benefit! And we'll be able to tell our grandkids about it. Of course some of you have grandkids already but be sure to mention it anyway.

You know.....  I kinda was starting to wonder about this...  The absolute fanatical obsession with the left about Trump's tweets and just random crap, has really made me wonder at times....  What's the misdirection.  What's he doing with his left hand while he's got the media distracted with his right.  Because honestly, that's a brilliant strategy.  Get everyone so freaking wound up about the latest "scandal" that they are fixated on the obvious and not looking at the real work being done.   If that's what's happening, then Trump and his advisers are absolutely brilliant.   

The other possibility is that they're just getting blindly lucky with all of this.  But it feels too orchestrated, too structured to be luck. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 03:13:03 AM »
Heh.  The Cheese-Whiz President.  But I'm wondering if it should be publicized this much.

Loose lips sink ships....  ???
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 10:05:55 AM »
Heh.  The Cheese-Whiz President.  But I'm wondering if it should be publicized this much.

Loose lips sink ships....  ???

I've seen the same theory over on DU, and it's summarily dismissed because he's obviously too stupid to do that.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »
You know.....  I kinda was starting to wonder about this...  The absolute fanatical obsession with the left about Trump's tweets and just random crap, has really made me wonder at times....  What's the misdirection.  What's he doing with his left hand while he's got the media distracted with his right.  Because honestly, that's a brilliant strategy.  Get everyone so freaking wound up about the latest "scandal" that they are fixated on the obvious and not looking at the real work being done.   If that's what's happening, then Trump and his advisers are absolutely brilliant.   

The other possibility is that they're just getting blindly lucky with all of this.  But it feels too orchestrated, too structured to be luck.

Unfortunately, that's the simplest explanation.  Occam's Razor.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 10:25:38 AM »
If it is luck, it won't last.  Some in the media will start to get ahead of the misdirection at some point.  However, he is just playing to the media's arrogance.  They can't admit they are being beaten. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
If it is luck, it won't last.  Some in the media will start to get ahead of the misdirection at some point. However, he is just playing to the media's arrogance.  They can't admit they are being beaten.

This he is doing quite well.  I do admire the guy for his ability to slap them silly (in the figurative sense, of course).
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
This he is doing quite well.  I do admire the guy for his ability to slap them silly (in the figurative sense, of course).
And even if it isn't some grand master strategy, that alone is worth this and a second term.  A lot of people may not like him or how he does things, but he is getting the better of the media which is something conservatives have wanted to see in a Republican for many years. 

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680
Sort of like Trump's tweet from earlier today?   =D  

It does make some sense.  If you were planning on getting an agenda done, you would have to account for the MSM/Democrats trying to manipulate public opinion and the media narrative to undermine your efforts.  They did it to W. Bush constantly and most of the time he acted like he was blindsided every time.  It sounds like Trump has some good sense himself and he hired people who were also very good.  

I wonder what his administration will be able to do when he actually gets all his appointments approved. 

That tweet, and the subsequent media freakout, was just awesome. They are freaking out over this video of him beating up CNN, which he has pretty much been doing metaphorically, and yet they defended Kathy Griffiths decapitation picture; their inability to see their hypocrisy is astounding.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
Unfortunately, that's the simplest explanation.  Occam's Razor.

It's not, though.

It requires him to have "gotten lucky" over a career of decades in a very cutthroat industry, BEFORE "getting lucky" and winning the Presidency (and all that led up to it as well).

Now it is possible that it is all instinctive for him and he's not logically laying out a long run strategy, but it's clearly not "luck," however, audentis Fortuna iuvat.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »
OODA loop: another way of looking at Trump's outrageous behavior is that he has always been ahead of the media's OODA loop.  Day after day, dating back to the beginning of his campaign, he has made the media react to him such that he has dominated the news of the day.  This, in turn, has forced Democrats to react to him.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
It's not, though.

It requires him to have "gotten lucky" over a career of decades in a very cutthroat industry, BEFORE "getting lucky" and winning the Presidency (and all that led up to it as well).

Now it is possible that it is all instinctive for him and he's not logically laying out a long run strategy, but it's clearly not "luck," however, audentis Fortuna iuvat.

I agree that Trump's success as a businessman was not all a matter of luck, but consider he did go bankrupt a couple of times over the years.
Trump is operating in a completely different environment than what he made his bones in.  He is a skilled businessman that found himself thrust into a cutthroat political environment.  And business acumen does not necessarily equip a person to operate effectively in the political swamp inside the beltway.
He is reacting to political threats as a businessman, not a politician. One might argue that this is a good thing, and it could well be.  Perhaps he is actually operating inside the Left's OODA loop as Unisaw says.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
I like Rush Limbaugh's analogy of Trump playing with a laser pointer, driving the cat crazy.

The media folk say, "he needs to talk about serious issues," but when he tries to do that, they ignore his news and launch into some new Trump conspiracy. They won''t cover his accomplishments.

So, what to do? Make fools of them by flipping the laser pointer all over the room, and watch the cats come up with crazy stories that make them look bad. Remember "covfefe"? I just about busted a gut watching media talking heads try to interpret his typo, wondering  if it was secret Russian code, or some other nefarious message.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
Rex Tillerson is actually draining a swamp.

Naturally the lifers at State don't appreciate it.

Hopefully this continues to happen and happens across all agencies.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 10:23:28 PM »

When Rex Tillerson was announced as secretary of state, there was a general feeling of excitement and relief in the department. After eight years of high-profile, jet-setting secretaries, the building was genuinely looking forward to having someone experienced in corporate management.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' the above quote might not be that accurate. Or maybe the so-called reporter just forgot all the outrage from "anonymous" state dept employees around the first of the year.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 11:42:27 PM »
I agree that Trump's success as a businessman was not all a matter of luck, but consider he did go bankrupt a couple of times over the years.

I don't think that's quite accurate. (But maybe it is.) Some of Trump's businesses have gone bankrupt, but has Donald Trump, the man, ever filed for personal bankruptcy? One of the Dem's criticisms of him during the campaign was that he "used the system" to short creditors by decalring bankruptcy. His response was spot on: "You wrote the rules, I just played by them."

It's a bad businessman who keeps pouring money into an enterprise that's not likely to recover profitability. If the rules allow you to cut the bait and go home with your pocket change intact, I think any good businessman would do that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 11:47:04 PM »
how do you manage multimillion-dollar programs with no people? Who do you send to international meetings and summits? Maybe, my former colleagues are discovering, you just can’t implement that program or show up to that meeting

I think they are starting to understand. It's taking a while, but they are catching on slowly.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 11:52:59 PM »

So Tillerson is "inexperienced"?

Yet this twit apparently was happy to work under Hillary Clinton, who has spent a lifetime doing ... nothing. When asked about her accomplishments as Secretary of State, her response was that she flew a lot of miles.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:03:27 PM by Hawkmoon »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Trump's cheese-maze strategy.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 07:53:16 AM »

Yet this twit apparently was happy to work under Hillary Clinton, who has spent a lifetime doing ... nothing. When asked about her accomplishments as Secretary of State, her response was that she few a lot of miles.
Ooo! Ooo! Don't forget completely destabilized Libya after Khadaffi gave up pursuit of nuclear weapons!

That was a huge accomplishment.

(And it really angers me no one seems to care about that, beyond the murdering of our ambassador.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »

Yet this twit apparently was happy to work under Hillary Clinton, who has spent a lifetime doing ... nothing. When asked about her accomplishments as Secretary of State, her response was that she few a lot of miles.

"Few a lot of miles?"    ???   Was Hillary as cryptic?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »

"Few a lot of miles?"    ???   Was Hillary as cryptic?

Typo -- fixed.