Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7  (Read 3733 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 07:48:34 AM »
Then do the 7-day free HBO thing via Amazon and binge on 5, 6, and 7. 

I started 7 yesterday afternoon and watched 3 episodes while I worked (WFH has it's benefits).

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
"I forget if it's Amazon or Netflix, but 5 and 6 are available for free streaming,"

Amazon. Per Netflix, HBO looks at them as competition and won't allow them to stream HBO content.

And no where am I seeing GOT streaming for free. HBO is going to monetize the entire series for a LONG time, I'm afraid.

Oh shoot, you're right. My apologies. I bought those seasons so they show up as "watch now" for me.

"I'm an old man - I get confused!"  :laugh:

Though they are available "free "if you have Netflix DVD service.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 08:49:13 AM »

"I'm an old man - I get confused!"  :laugh:

Uncle Leo?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
So, in other words, you stole your company's money.

Stay classy!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 08:55:09 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »
So, in other words, you stole your company's money.

Stay classy!

It'll go with the week of vacation I worked straight through this summer  (4am-Noon every day that week in support of a bid that had to get out the following Monday) or all the times I'm in meetings at ungodly hours of the night and morning.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »
Cry us a river, thief.

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 03:36:41 PM »
Fantastic season super tense but way too short

Yeah, it was really short. I'm kinda peeved. Looks like the next season might not air until 2019. Something about doing feature length episodes.
And Westworld's second season won't be for awhile, either, which is the main reason I'm keeping the HBO.

and another recommendation for Westworld. I watch GoT mostly because I want to enjoy watching certain people die, but Westworld is the freeking *expletive deleted*it and is awesomeness. If some of you are thinking on doing a free trial of HBO to get GoT, it could work out well that that season 7 is so short. Watch that and binge Westworld. It's worth it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 08:11:07 PM »
I have read where GoT season 7 will be the last one aired on Amazon Prime.  GoT season 8 will not be aired on Amazon Prime due to HBO doing the monetization thing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
I have read where GoT season 7 will be the last one aired on Amazon Prime.  GoT season 8 will not be aired on Amazon Prime due to HBO doing the monetization thing.

They did that with Trublood as well. Annoyed the crap out of me, since I started it on Prime and had to switch to HBOGo to get the last season and the HBOGo app (or whatever it's called) involves more button pressing to get from one episode to the next.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 11:28:13 PM »
I only watch four shows on tv. I record all of them so I can watch when I want. GOT, The Expanse, Killjoys and The Last Ship.

I think this was the best season they had. It was short but didn't jump around as much and have a ton of unnecessary gore and sex in it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

robear

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 12:33:07 AM »
How was season 2 of Killjoys?   I watched season 1 and liked it, but just never found my way back to season 2.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
I will throw in yet another Westworld recommendation. Fantastic show. Also, Stranger Things on Netflix starts its second season in October. Vikings season 5 starts near the end of November.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
How was season 2 of Killjoys?   I watched season 1 and liked it, but just never found my way back to season 2.

Campy cheap entertainment.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”