Author Topic: The new literary/TV Drama formula  (Read 4965 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: The new literary/TV Drama formula
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »
Who were Myrtles parent's? Why would they let her soul haunt a bathroom for eternity? If it was my kid I'd pay whatever I had to to set her soul to rest. Or at the very least move her into the castle proper.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Who were Myrtles parent's? Why would they let her soul haunt a bathroom for eternity? If it was my kid I'd pay whatever I had to to set her soul to rest. Or at the very least move her into the castle proper.

I don't know about that. Being a ghost at Hogwarts is kind of a thing, and she's free to go where ever she wants. She doesn't have to stay in the bathroom. In fact, she's been known to sneak into the prefects bathroom and spy on the cute boys. I would guess the parents may have liked the fact that they could come visit their daughter.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »
Moaning Myrtle ain't got nothing on me.

So you are saying you will go medieval on his ass.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 03:55:25 PM »
So you are saying you will go medieval on his ass.

Drop the mike!
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 07:24:38 PM »
Meh.  It's not the individual lawyers we should go after.  It's the incredibly poor legal structure that was built over the years.  There's no definable individual responsibility for that.

Our current legal system:

Besides, bait-hunting is at the least unethical, and in many cases, is itself illegal. And using smoked pork and gunsmoke scent will draw more than the target species and you'll be overrun with APS people sniffing around.

Terry, 230RN

Pic credit in properties

Hey, a "fixer-upper!" [popcorn] =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »

Hey, a "fixer-upper!" [popcorn] =D

Handyman special...
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 12:16:25 AM »
Aeris dies.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: The new literary/TV Drama formula
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2017, 07:04:18 AM »
Aeris dies.
That's low, man.  Too soon.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
OK, thanks.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »
OK, thanks.

Related to the topic, it was the first video game I can remember that killed off a major, playable character. It was rather shocking at the time.

Now off topic: Still my favorite game (followed closely by Halo). The gameplay, the plot, the villain, the hero(es), the music were all very well done. (Graphics were amazing for the time, but today are long outdated.)

Aside from the Japanese obsession with "We're all destroying the earth!", I have zero criticisms.