Author Topic: Omurice  (Read 5861 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Omurice
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:25:59 PM »
Anyone ever have or make omurice? I've been hooked on Taiwanese TV series on Netflix lately, and on one of them, Refresh Man, the girl in the lead is always talking about Omurice. When I saw it on the show it looked good,  and when I looked it up online it actually sounded pretty delicious. It's interesting in that Omurice is apparently Japanese in origin. Maybe Chinese/Taiwanese look at eating Japanese the same way we look at eating Mexican.  :laugh:

I think I'm gonna try it. I'm not sure which of the many recipes I saw that i'll try. Probably one with ketchup. An old Mexican friend of mine when I worked at the dump would get the Mexicans roach coach to make us egg and weenie burritos with ketchup all the time. Much better than they sound. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Omurice
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »
Had to look that up. Looks good, might have to give it a try.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Omurice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 12:43:44 AM »
Don't forget to draw/write sweet things on it in ketchup before serving it!
(I watch WAY too much anime)

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!