Author Topic: Trump and Charlottesville  (Read 18819 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Trump and Charlottesville
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »
The Mayor of Charlottesville is apparently now assigning 100% blame for the violence to Trump.

I called it yesterday afternoon.  I was talking to SWMBO and pointed out they will try to make this Trump's fault.

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
I called it yesterday afternoon.  I was talking to SWMBO and pointed out they will try to make this Trump's fault.

Chris
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to learn the same people were funding both sides of it just to create more chaos.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:50 AM »

Chris

Yeah, that wasn't exactly a tough call to make. I have no doubt that the left was just salivating, hoping that there would be an upwelling of violence so they could scream TRUMP'S FAULT!

And holy crap, supposedly Moms Demand are using the death of the woman in Charlottesville to issue a renewed call for...

More gun control.

Stupid See You In Toledos.

:facepalm:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

And holy crap, supposedly Moms Demand are using the death of the woman in Charlottesville to issue a renewed call for...

More gun control.

Stupid See You In Toledos.

:facepalm:

I saw a blurb on that. My first thought was that I saw several interviews and photos Saturday that included open carriers. Apparently there were a lot of them there, and gee, not a single gunshot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
The Mayor of Charlottesville is apparently now assigning 100% blame for the violence to Trump.

Boy, I wonder. If the Left had been falsely claiming for over a year that a major American political movement signalled a renaissance of white supremacy, would that encourage white supremacists to start having pride parades? The left told them this is their moment, and their president. How shocking that they want to capitalize on it.

Here's a column from last year that helps explain why white nationalism is even a thing right now. A must read.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/23/how-anti-white-rhetoric-is-fueling-white-nationalism/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »

Yeah -- the left is complaining about Trump condemning ALL violence, rather than only condemning right-wing violence.

Where were they when Obama was basically encouraging BLM riots?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »
Hmm. Trump didn't name Black Lives Matter or Antifa in his list of hate groups. Pretty weak stuff, Prezzy. I am disappoint.

Frank Castle

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »
Here's a column from last year that helps explain why white nationalism is even a thing right now. A must read.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/23/how-anti-white-rhetoric-is-fueling-white-nationalism/

Good read. Thanks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 09:01:33 PM »
All the people demanding that Trump denounce white nationalism and the Klan, etc. - I'd love to see the demands they made of Obama to denounce Black Lives Matter. Love to see 'em.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 09:06:29 PM »
That's different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
http://www.blacklistednews.com/Report%3A_%E2%80%98Unite_the_Right%E2%80%99_Organizer_Jason_Kessler_Was_Obama_Supporter_Involved_In_Occupy_Movement/60313/0/38/38/Y/M.html

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/report-white-supremacist-unite-right-leader-jason-kessler-obama-occupy-supporter/

Apparently the organizer on the white supremacist side was a former Obama supporter and Occupy protestor.  The biggest error in the articles is saying he his political views moved to the right.  No, they are just as leftist as they always were.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
Okay, so we have a leftist white supremicist guy with ties to leftist protest movements.  We have the antifa crowd that is already known to be taking rich leftist money to protest.  We also have a Democrat city leadership who had the police stay out of it.  Yeah, that sounds like the whole thing was organized.  Was it meant to embarrass Trump or was there some other purpose?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 10:32:30 PM »
Sometimes I really think "they" want a race war.
To what end I can only guess.

One possibility is that the leftard elites know that the end result of a no *expletive deleted*it, full on race war will end very badly for the minorities on the receiving end of things. The real goal is the wholesale reduction in the number of minorities.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 10:46:39 PM »
If the inclusive left (progs) and the exclusive left (Nazis, KKK) fight then it will go to the inclusive left.

If the inclusive left tries to fight conservatives or the general right then the left loses and badly.

But for reasons I've explained before, let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 07:45:53 AM »
Interesting...

The police chief of Charlottesville was on local radio yesterday...

He was essentially whitewashing the abject failure of police and National Guard to keep the two groups separated.

He didn't address the growing number of reports saying that police stood around with their thumbs in their assess and watched multiple clashes without doing anything.

But... he strongly inferred that violence was instigated from BOTH sides.

I thought that wasn't possible. I've been hearing repeatedly how that's simply not possible, that the left is nothing more than a loose confederation of peace loving, granola crunching hippies who were set upon by violent fascist thugs led by the Donald himself.

Perd Hapley

• friend

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »
Interesting...

The police chief of Charlottesville was on local radio yesterday...

He was essentially whitewashing the abject failure of police and National Guard to keep the two groups separated.

He didn't address the growing number of reports saying that police stood around with their thumbs in their assess and watched multiple clashes without doing anything.

But... he strongly inferred that violence was instigated from BOTH sides.

I thought that wasn't possible. I've been hearing repeatedly how that's simply not possible, that the left is nothing more than a loose confederation of peace loving, granola crunching hippies who were set upon by violent fascist thugs led by the Donald himself.

According to a Fox News reporter,   who was there,  when antifa started spraying tear gas,  the police  LEFT.  The reporter asked the police why they were leaving and was told it was getting too dangerous!
REALLY? 
I  thought it was the job of the police to maintain peace and order even if it meant  facing danger.....not to run away like cowards.
The police were more than incompetent.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Ok....posted it  and it disappeared....so  postedagain,,  and now a double post.  What the heck is with this site? ??? ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2017, 02:53:29 PM »
According to a Fox News reporter,   who was there,  when antifa started spraying tear gas,  the police  LEFT.  The reporter asked the police why they were leaving and was told it was getting too dangerous!
REALLY? 
I  thought it was the job of the police to maintain peace and order even if it meant  facing danger.....not to run away like cowards.
Just following orders.............

Perd Hapley

• friend

grampster

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2017, 07:14:47 PM »
Sometimes I really think "they" want a race war.
To what end I can only guess.

One possibility is that the leftard elites know that the end result of a no *expletive deleted*it, full on race war will end very badly for the minorities on the receiving end of things. The real goal is the wholesale reduction in the number of minorities.

Well, it would reduce the need for a large .fedgov.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:55 PM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/19754/left-blames-trump-charlottesville-here-are-5-aaron-bandler

Here's another hate crime Obama had the chance to respond to. This was, I believe, after Obama had gone public with his own support for same-sex marriage.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/15/5-year-frc-shooting-anniversary-offers-study-presidential-reactions-hate-crimes/
The next day, Carney was asked if the president considered the Family Research Council shooting a hate crime. “Those kinds of determinations will be made by the FBI, and I know the FBI is part of this investigation,” said Carney, despite the fact the FBI affidavit detailing Corkins’ motivations was already widely available. Aside from reporting on Corkins’ statement about politics before the shooting and reporting “Corkins’ parents informed the FBI Special Agents that Corkins has strong opinions with respect to those he believes do not treat homosexuals in a fair manner.”

Much of the ensuing media coverage ignored or downplayed Corkins’ motives, which the Washington Post referred to as “a detail sure to reignite the culture wars.” A year later, Southern Poverty Law Center founder Morris Dees was still publicly defending the inclusion of Family Research Council on the organization’s “hate map.”

just a detail...

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2017, 10:54:36 PM »
REALLY?

End of shift, had to go home?