Author Topic: Illegal Aliens - the Bottom Line  (Read 1670 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Illegal Aliens - the Bottom Line
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »
Somebody crunched some numbers, and it appears that the claim that illegal aliens contribute more to our economy than they take out is, how to say it? ... Fake News.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/record-135-billion-a-year-for-illegal-immigration-average-8075-each-25000-in-ny/article/2635757

According to this report, the "authoritative report on the issue yet" says the truth is quite the opposite. Why am I not surprised?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Illegal Aliens - the Bottom Line
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »
This has been the subject of debate for several years now.    I suppose if it could be proven illegal aliens would solve this country's twenty trillion dollar debt,  the politicians would import them by the crateful. ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »
This has been the subject of debate for several years now.    I suppose if it could be proven illegal aliens would solve this country's twenty trillion dollar debt,  the politicians would import them by the crateful. ;/

Wait. Just wait a minute here.

You think if our political class had a solution to the debt problem that they would actually use it?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »
In addition, Mexico would be clamoring to get them back instead of being pissed we might deport them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:43:29 AM »

You think if our political class had a solution to the debt problem that they would actually use it?  ???

:facepalm:

Uh, well, on second thought ........................................ no.

Quote from: MechAg94
In addition, Mexico would be clamoring to get them back instead of being pissed we might deport them.

*Sigh*   Missed that too ...... :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »
Well, sure, they may be costing the taxpayers in general lots of money, committing lots of crimes- but they are making lots of money for rich people- you know the ones that actually matter- by driving down labor costs.  And amassing even more and more power for the Democratic party.  What are your priories people?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »
The democrats sure do howl every time we take away their slaves...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »

You think if our political class had a solution to the debt problem that they would actually use it?  ???

They do. It's called "Inflation". The underlying assumption forever has been that inflation will shrink any national debt to a manageable level by taxing everyone through making their "dollars smaller".  And the wealthy movers and shakers and political class don't mind this since they tend to preserve their wealth as assets, nor do they rely much on income as a portion of their wealth, rather than as "money", so the assets just inflate along with the money.

That's why the Fed did so much Quantative Easing over the past several years after the 2008 crash, it was only partly because they hoped it would jumpstart the economy (it largely failed) and more importantly, once the presumed recovery would happen, the larger money supply would create inflation, shrinking the national debt. Fortunately. from the standpoint of the little guy who depends on income, and his dollars deflating as slowly as possible, despite all the QE money the Fed pumped, and all the TARP money the fed.gov made various banks and firms take, they all were very cautious and sat on that money and did the minimum with it which sidelined much of it from the economy.

Of course, the fed.gov has shot themselves in the foot too, because the left hand does not know what the right hand does. Because they've been screwing with the Consumer Price Index forever, and have done things like remove non-essential goods that they feel unfairly represent the "true CPI", little things, like food and gasoline, because they were too volatile..  ;/

However, in doing that, the "official" inflation rate is curbed too, and the other half of the fed.gov that's counting on inflation shrinking the debt gets screwed.  :lol:

I suspect that this study didn't take advantage of all considerations in their figures if all the illegals, or most of them were deported. And that second-order economic damages, wage inflation over fair-market, rising costs of produce etc. and buisness to business industrial durable goods sectors slumped as construction and other industries were affected would all effect the economy. Just computing the taxes illegals pay directly vs. what the government pays out in services doesn't account for nearly all of it. Just a gut level guess, but I'd say the immigrants are actually a net gain, or at worst a wash, and preventing further economic trouble...

However, that's not to make some case for illegals, it simply underscores that there are other deeper pathologies at work in America. Namely that many of these jobs should/would be filled by our massive, multi-generational, and permanent welfare/SSI-disability underclass.  That's where America is taking the double-hit in the shorts. The loss of tax income, and the economic drivers/consumption that comes from these people not being productive self-supporting workers, and from the welfare payouts.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:14:43 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.