Author Topic: Boycott the Knee?  (Read 22078 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Boycott the Knee?
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
What's funny about the whole stupid debacle is I just don't get the singing of the anthem before a sporting event.  At best you could say the correlation is that we're a free(ish) nation and can therefore engage in frivolities such as sport for profit.

Around here, the anthem, usually the Pledge of Allegiance, sometimes the Texas Pledge, and often a prayer are just part of starting any large gathering.  Even quite a few outdoor concerts start that way.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2017, 10:40:07 PM »
A friend from college days sent me a link to an excellent op-ed ... by a black woman:

https://barbwire.com/2017/10/01/enough-victimhood-millionaire-athletes-lost-cause/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2017, 06:26:08 AM »
"Black victims these days, for the most part, are the product of decades of Black Americans being used primarily by white progressive leftists to advance an anti-American agenda."

The struggling sounds you just heard were those of her being forcibly thrown out of the tribe.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2017, 09:31:59 AM »
"Black victims these days, for the most part, are the product of decades of Black Americans being used primarily by white progressive leftists to advance an anti-American agenda."

The struggling sounds you just heard were those of her being forcibly thrown out of the tribe.

Interesting intersect to that: I just read this on Twitchy. I'd never heard of this movie, or the term "sunken place" before, but as one of the commenters at the URL mentioned, just as with what Mike quoted above, it's actually more of psychological manipulation by progressives rather than "[conservative] whitey holding me down."

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/11/25/jordan-peele-tweets-at-tiger-woods-now-youre-in-the-sunken-place-after-golfing-with-potus/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »

It's a tried-and-true approach to constituency building. It generally well-known in northeastern cities, for example, that Hispanic politicians don't want their Hispanic constituents to learn English and assimilate, because if they can read English the politicritters can't control what they read, so they lose control of what is essentially a captive population. In fact, it isn't limited to Blacks and Hispanics. There's a small but significant Russian population around these parts, and there are Russian ex-pats who have lived here for 30 years and who don't speak English.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »
Went to a movie a couple of weeks ago at the theatre on Ft Bliss and before the movie started they played the National Anthem.  Everyone in the theatre stood up.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!