Author Topic: Tennessee Church Shooting  (Read 3433 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Tennessee Church Shooting
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 11:16:07 PM »
And we have to un-rename all those streets that were renamed "Martin Luther King Boulevard."

Oh hell no; if you get rid of those, that crime will go back to happening in the rest of the cities.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »
So here's an article published today, one week after the shooting.

Amid trauma, Tenn. church moves on after shooting

Well, that's interesting. In 1100 words, there's no mention of race, or bigotry, or "hate crimes."

Continuing to hold services offers stability in an unstable time, said the Rev. Emilie Townes, dean of Vanderbilt Divinity School. Other congregations victimized by gun violence also have made that decision.

Oh, "gun violence." So we're not looking at it as "racist violence," or "violent bigotry," or "domestic terrorism," though we've been assured these are epidemic in "Trump's America." No, what happened in Antioch was "gun violence."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 05:52:47 PM »
Well, that's interesting. In 1100 words, there's no mention of race, or bigotry, or "hate crimes."

Oh, "gun violence." So we're not looking at it as "racist violence," or "violent bigotry," or "domestic terrorism," though we've been assured these are epidemic in "Trump's America." No, what happened in Antioch was "gun violence."

It's only racial or bigotry if it's a white perpetrator. People of color don't commit hate crimes, or engage in racist violence, or carry out domestic terrorism. They just seek equality. Only Trump supporters can be racist and bigoted and hateful.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »
This incident has been pushed off the front pages by the Las Vegas shooting (plus the fact that the media don't want to talk about black-on-white gun violence), but I'd still like to find out (a) if there was an Islamist motive, (b) if the church was a gun-free zone, and (c) if the gun was purchased legally. Does anyone know if there has been any follow-up on this?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 01:04:53 PM »
This incident has been pushed off the front pages by the Las Vegas shooting (plus the fact that the media don't want to talk about black-on-white gun violence), but I'd still like to find out (a) if there was an Islamist motive, (b) if the church was a gun-free zone, and (c) if the gun was purchased legally. Does anyone know if there has been any follow-up on this?

I can only (partially) answer the first one. Here are two links I posted above.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21755/media-silence-antioch-church-shooter-had-note-ryan-saavedra

http://wkrn.com/2017/09/29/police-antioch-church-shooting-suspect-had-note-about-church-massacre-in-charleston-sc/

From my very limited knowledge of Sudan, I am given to understand that it's not likely a black Sudanese is going to be Muslim. Also, he seems to have attended the church in the past, which would indicate that he identified (at least at one time) as a Christian. Then you have the note, which indictes he was on a racial trip.