Author Topic: Another Passenger Kicked Off a Plane  (Read 3105 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Another Passenger Kicked Off a Plane
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
Ummm, igtard also paid for her seat.   Dr. D. also pitched a fit when told he had to get off the plane.  

Only difference is she was told to get off because of the dogs.  Dr. D. was told to get off for humans.  

Scenario 1: The person removed did nothing more egregious than pay for a ticket and quietly board the plane. (Antagonist, dependent variable)

Scenario 2: The person removed pitched a fit and caused a scene after not getting her way. (Protagonist, independent variable)

Brad
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:56:21 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 05:28:55 PM »
Yeah, I don't see them as equivalent at all. As Brad said, the doc just bought a ticket and took his seat and was basically minding his own business until told to leave. Now at that point you could argue as to whether he should have just left or not, but up to that point, he was just sitting quietly expecting to fly like any other passenger.

"The Professor" immediately demanded accommodation, and not just a simple accommodation. In order to accommodate her, several other passengers would have had to be removed from the aircraft. If you're looking for equivalency, the passengers with animals are more similar to the doc than the doc to the professor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 06:56:41 PM »
Ummm, igtard also paid for her seat.   Dr. D. also pitched a fit when told he had to get off the plane. 

Only difference is she was told to get off because of the dogs.  Dr. D. was told to get off for humans. 

Oh, so all Asians look alike to you.  :P  (Just kidding, dude.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »
No, she was told to get off because she pitched a fit about the dogs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 09:07:16 PM »

Deplaned! Deplaned!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 11:10:08 PM »
Guilty.  The A320 cockpit windows do open, and I have stuck my head out, but not while moving.

Apparently airports just don't hire good help these days.

I just wonder if they were real service dogs, or fake "emotional support animals" with cute little vests that the owner bought online.  By federal laws, both seem to get the same protection in transportation and in housing.

At least one article said one ESA and one pet.
AFAICT, at least at the Federal level, ESAs are only protected for housing.  The rest is carrier policy.  Not good policy, IMO, since there are no standards for ESA training, and yet restaurants and other accommodations are so afraid of the SA laws that they won't even do what they are allowed to when someone brings in a clearly untrained animal.  (They can legally ask if it is a service animal and what service it is trained to perform.  Not sure if the protections for SAs in training with non-disabled handlers are Federal or just state level.)

Had a friend who did the early basic obedience training before dogs were even considered for SA training by one of the Dallas area trainers; even her "rejects" were impressively well behaved dogs that could be trusted off-leash in places I wouldn't take a 12 year old without a firm grip.  It was funny to watch her dealing with two or more dogs at once.  On a heel command, they'd stack up at her left leg, with the closest dog barely touching her leg, and the others each just as gently walking against the dog to their right.  She would go running through the woods with 3-4 dogs like that, and they'd split just long enough to avoid an obstacle and come right back into formation.  Even a cujo-like response to a "stranger" at the door cut off like they had a pause button on command.

In short, some ill-behaved lint-on-a-leash yapping at the McD's hasn't had any legitimate service animal training, and I'm sure plenty of legitimate SA users would gladly toss its owner into a live volcano if our laws on such things weren't so unreasonably restrictive.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 10:04:32 PM »
I read this morning that she did in fact say "professor" and that she's a "professor" of some kind of ethno-socio something or other at a college of art. Funny how you rarely see a professor of engineering or physics pull that stuff. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the time I've heard someone name drop their title while in outrage mode, it's always been social-something.

When they do, you get things like a house booby trapped with a couple dozen shotguns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/1412776/Belgian-pensioner-killed-by-his-own-booby-trap.html

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »
And how many here backed him up ??  What changed here ??  Is it because it involved dogs and not humans ??   All she had to do was say "Fine, I'll fly with the dogs."

She tried that.  However, in disclosing that the flight could kill her, and that she didn't have a doctor's note showing she'd taken the proper precautions, Southwest elected to not let somebody fly with a self confessed lethal condition if she took the flight.

Dead people and medical diversions are costly, you see.