Author Topic: Virginia Democrats appear to be getting desperate...  (Read 2063 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Virginia Democrats appear to be getting desperate...
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:53:39 AM »
Not only has the level of email I'm getting from them increased dramatically over the past few days, the stridency and begging levels are hitting new highs, too...

They're even using e-mails over Hillary Clinton's name to drum up support.

I think they're really shocked that, after Hil won Virginia, that the gov's race is essentially tied.

Got this three days ago....

"Don’t worry, Michael, this isn’t one of those emails where we’re going to shame you into donating. We just thought you might want to know how you’ve helped out in the past and what you can do now."

Those were the other SIX e-mails from them that came in at the same time.

Then this one, which is titled "Fear Mongering B.S."

"You’re probably getting a lot of emails right now, Michael—from us, other campaigns, and really amazing causes that are facing the same fundraising deadline we are.

But here’s why this fundraising goal is so important to this campaign—more important than any deadline we’ve faced yet:

Ralph’s being attacked from all sides by special interest groups that can spend MILLIONS on smear campaigns on the air and in voters’ mailboxes;
We’re currently TIED in the polls with only 40 days left; and
This is our LAST, FINAL, ULTIMATE end-of-quarter deadline before voters actually vote."

I just love the title... they're whining about Republicans using false fear mongering while they're screaming about if Republicans are elected in Virginia children will die, women will die because they'll have to get illegal, back alley abortions, blah blah blah. And let's not forget Ralph Northam's harping on how Virginia is awash in blood because Evil Guns and Evil Republicans.

*expletive deleted*ing hypocrite...

Even better, Tim Kaine, Hil's VP candidate, is in an extremely tight race with very unfavorable voter perception.

"Hey -- A new poll came out earlier this week, and it gave me a jolt -- so I wanted to share it with our key supporters:

Only 43% of poll respondents said that Tim Kaine should be reelected to the Senate, compared to 46% who said he shouldn’t be. 11% were undecided.

We know that Tim is a much-needed progressive voice in the Senate..."

Yeah, just what I want in the Senate. A Bernie Sanders carbon copy.

Virginia Democrats have, for the past 6 months, assumed that they'd win a huge referendum in the state based on Trump. They're starting to see that that's not the no-effort road to victory that they thought it was going to be, and now they're scrambling, and it's fun as hell to watch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
Re: Virginia Democrats appear to be getting desperate...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:41:49 AM »
Desperation on the left is not just limited to Virginia.

TV "reporting" on the Big 3 networks is becoming increasingly strident in it's unabashed criticism of the GOP & conservatives in general and Trump in particular.

Not that the GOP hasn't EARNED criticism and contempt, but the networks are attacking from the opposite direction than I would - their "news stories" are almost purely anti-GOP, anti-Trump editorials.

Several years ago I thought the major networks (plus ESPN MSNBC CNN etc.) couldn't become more biased in their coverage than they already were . . . but every day they're working hard to prove me wrong.

In a way, I'm enjoying their desperation.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
They still haven't really internalized and accepted that a plurality, if not a majority of Americans:

A. Hate them.
B. Understand that the more the Left/Hollywood/Coastals/MSM scream, the better things are going.
C. Hate them.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
When are the VA elections ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 12:58:19 AM »
Desperation on the left is not just limited to Virginia.

Definitely not limited to Virginia. One of my senators (a Democrat) is up for reelection. I get at least one e-mail a day from him, often as many as three. His whipping boy is the NRA -- he claims they're out to get hm because he's the anti-gun lobby champion of Washington.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »
I'm always amused when Liberals call themselves Progressives while they and their minions are rioting, burning, looting, breaking, destroying, opposing, lying,  inter alia. [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 08:27:40 PM »
I'm always amused when Liberals call themselves Progressives while they and their minions are rioting, burning, looting, breaking, destroying, opposing, lying,  inter alia. [popcorn]

It's similarly "amusing" that they call themselves Liberals. We go along with it, though. We call Radio Talk Guy every day, and complain that they aren't really liberal or progressive. Sometimes, we even lecture Radio Talk Guy and his audience that they need to stop calling them such. But we go right on identifying them with those labels. I don't know what it's going to take.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 05:36:42 AM »
Yesterday was a flood of emails...

Apparently they were trying to hit some sort of support/funding goal prior to the election, and they didn't think they were going to make it...

23 GIVE US MONEY!" message.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 06:33:11 AM »
Quarterly FEC filing.  Then it gets reported in the news who raised how much, what they spent, and cash on hand. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
And as you can expect, Ralph Northam is going bonkers about Las Vegas...

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »
And now I will happily vote Gillespie. I hate him too, but not in the mood to listen to four more years of progressive Bs.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

This might hurt him significantly. A month is more than enough time for the raw emotion to have cooled and what will remain is statements showing Northam wants to ban guns.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 07:38:49 AM »
OH MAH GERDS!

THE EVIL NRA IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!

"When the NRA endorsed Ed Gillespie and the rest of the Republican ticket two months ago, we knew it meant lots of money was headed their way.

Well, Michael, it’s here. The NRA is about to drop $750,000 on ads attacking our Democratic ticket -- just a week and a half after the most devastating mass shooting in American history."

Time to make a donation to NRA ILA.