Author Topic: Computer keyboards  (Read 1707 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Computer keyboards
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 08:23:44 AM »

Concur, sell them. You'll get a minimum of $100 per, likely around $150. Especially if you clean them up nicely and test them. PS2 to USB dongles are cheap. Buy one and test all of them.

I think you should use the compressor at full power, for Science. Please report back.  I wonder if it would peel the letter overlays right off the keys.

Yeah, no. One of our maint techs had an adapter come loose and got his arm sandblasted to the point of going to the hospital. With plain dust. This stuff drives a dozen major pieces of equipment and dozens of small handheld units at any given time. The handheld feeds alone are plenty overkill as is and will leave a PC spotless.

The answer, btw, for science, is that the keys come off before the lettering comes off.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 08:26:15 AM »
I like the old loud clicky keyboards when I'm stuck on a conference call with management on a service call.  They can hear me working the problem while I'm pretending to be listening to them.

You have to be careful about that. Tetris has some pretty distinctive clicking patterns.

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »
I used the Microsoft ergonomic keyboard for years, but the cheap, compact keyboards work best for me now.  I don't want a bunch of fancy buttons or other crap and I don't need everything wireless. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge