Author Topic: Just spitballing here, but what would be awesome  (Read 1948 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Just spitballing here, but what would be awesome
« on: October 06, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
Is if the Ds somehow could be convinced that, for the mid-terms, their two big issues would be compassion for Middle-East refugees including granting them safety in the US and that it's time to get serious on gun control so the redouble their efforts on that issue.

Can you imagine what the size of the train-wreck electorally that would be for them if they campaigned on the dual issues of importing millions of Muslims while simultaneously disarming Americans? 

I'll bet that this would strip away much their minority support if said minorities thought the soon-to-be new arrivals were to displace them in some or many ways.

Is there a practical way to get the Ds to do this?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Just spitballing here, but what would be awesome
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
They are already hard at work on #2.

The biggest issue will be the Congressional R's failing to keep their promises.  Failure to repeal O-care being the biggest one.  If the R's could do a straight repeal with making all medical expenses (to include insurance costs) deductible or non-taxable, along with tax reform and a few others, then they could point to their record and say "If you elect/re-elect us we can do more good things", but as it stands, there is no reason for the Trump Republicans, much less regular or even GOPe Republicans to head to the polls.  It's going to be all about turn-out, and if there's no reason for the R leaning voter to go to the polls, then they won't.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 05:20:24 PM »
Without the "Obama factor" and not counting Hillary's cold shrill white-lady negatives within the black demographic, the fact that the Federal Government seems to be more interested in helping import new Latino immigrants, legal or otherwise, than helping out black communities probably did help suppress their vote in 2016.

And in part, it's true. Because at least a large portion of these immigrants are willing to work. And that's what creates the unholy political illegal imigration alliance, the Democrats who want the votes, and Republicans being pressured by business desperate for the labor.

And of course, even if the poor black U.S. citizens were willing to take the jobs that the Latinos fill, legally or otherwise, 50 years of LBJ's "Great Society" has left far too many blacks unable to fill those jobs due to temperament, work ethic, or experience.

I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »
I have also thought those two issues went well, together. Some of the leftists anti-Americans have framed the issue by saying we're "afraid" of the refugees. I wish the GOP would have responded by saying, "OK, we'll import more rape-ugees, as soon every blue state goes constitutional carry and ditches their gun or magazine restrictions, and fully-automatic weapons are subject only to a 4473. We're not afraid, but we certainly want to defend ourselves from any criminals that come in."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:17:18 PM »
The Stupid Party is certainly earning its laurels at the present time.  Their hatred and fear of Trump has caused them to take the 3 absolutely necessary things that the American people want to be done: Border security, repeal of Obamacare and tax reform and not only ignore them, but make fools of themselves in the process.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »
The Stupid Party is certainly earning its laurels at the present time.  Their hatred and fear of Trump has caused them to take the 3 absolutely necessary things that the American people want to be done: Border security, repeal of Obamacare and tax reform and not only ignore them, but make fools of themselves in the process.

Yes.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:20 PM »

Leave it to the GOP to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

But hey, it's all good cuz Trump is gonna MAGA n stuff.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:25 PM »
I don't think the Trump voters will stay home so easily this time.  It is still a long time before R primaries next year.  I am curious to see how that shakes out.  We will know by the end of the first quarter.  I heard some reporting that a number of R's have already decided to not run for reelection, but I don't know how reliable that is. 

And yes, the Congressional R leadership is doing their best to give away their momentum and refuses to point fingers at the people like McCain who are holding up what little they are doing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 09:02:11 AM »
Trump can't build that damn wall because the Republicans in Congress won't fund it (or tax remittances or whatever to "make mexico pay for it").  Trumps is a nasty ahole, but I fault congress for the large majority of the problems now.

Congress refuses to pass the SHARE act or national reciprocity.  I am positve Trump would sign both of these.

Yeah, Republicans!  Crap on all the people who vote for you!  That's a great strategy!

:mad: