Author Topic: My Game With Amazon  (Read 1028 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
My Game With Amazon
« on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »
So back in FEB, I saw Amazon had the Blue Ray of "Bladerunner - the Final Cut" on sale for $8, so I bought it. Ever since then, every month there has been an "unexpected delay" on the order and they keep asking me if I want to cancel my order (as in, "wouldn't you please like to cancel this order and order it at the regular price?").

I have been refusing to cancel and picking the "I'll wait" option. Two weeks ago they said, "Hooray! you're order is ready for shipping!". Today I got an "Unexpected delay - your order will sheep between 5-14NOV - would you like to cancel?". I once again refused to cancel. At this point it's a game and I'm going to see how long it will go on.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: My Game With Amazon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »
Is it being fulfilled by Amazon or a 3rd party?  I've run into similar issues with 3rd party fulfillment, which is why I won't buy anything from a 3rd party at Amazon anymore.

Chris

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
I can imagine there's going to be a delay if they're using sheep to deliver it!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
This reminds me of my father, when in the early 80's the Wisconsin Electric co. overcharged us by 24 dollars, and after going back and forth, they insisted they were right.

So he sent them an extra $12.
Then when the bill came back for $12, he sent them $6.
Then $3.
Then $1.50
Then $.75...

Finally someone from WE's accounting dept. called my dad to ask what the hell was going on. And they saw what he was complaining about, and fixed the overcharge and credited the account all within 5 minutes.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »
I tried to order a signed hard back copy of Monster Hunter Alpha last summer.  That order was going through the same thing.  I think they finally canceled it.  I will have to go back and check. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »
I'd offer to sell you mine, but it's got my name on it.  :P
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 08:56:11 PM »
I tried to order a signed hard back copy of Monster Hunter Alpha last summer.  That order was going through the same thing.  I think they finally canceled it.  I will have to go back and check. 

Did you check with any of Larry's web minion's about it? Sometimes they have answers about stuff like that (or they know who's butt to light the fire under)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 11:15:45 PM »
Did you check with any of Larry's web minion's about it? Sometimes they have answers about stuff like that (or they know who's butt to light the fire under)
No, I just thought a nice hard back of that book would be cool and it was listed at a reasonable price.  I need to go back and just find the regular hard back.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge