Author Topic: The NFL continues to Meltdown  (Read 1013 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
The NFL continues to Meltdown
« on: October 28, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »
Not sure if this should go here or in Poly-Ticks, since the left had decided to make EVERYTHING politics.  Even recreational pursuits.  So NFL owner uses idiom to describe the situation in the NFL today.  Players get all butt-hurt.  Way to the continue to kill the golden goose guys. 

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/10/27/possible-revolt-brewing-in-houston-after-remark-made-by-texans-owner-bob-mcnair/

Meanwhile, the 49'ers who allowed this crap to begin and continue, doubles down on offending their fans.

SF 49ers pledge $500,000 to push gun control 
The ISRA wishes to issue a correction to an earlier alert that the NFL was spending $500,000 for gun control.

In particular, one leading NFL team, the SF 49ers, announced in a press conference that they are spending $500,000 on an outreach campaign to support "federal legislation to ban the bump stocks, and advocating to outlaw armor-piercing bullets and gun silencers." - The Mercury News

The 49ers are partnering with several California police unions and organizations in this effort to ban these items, according to a statement by the SF 49ers.

Of course, banning these items is a knee jerk reaction and an attempt to focus attention for the crime problem experienced in liberal areas on inanimate objects like firearms that law-abiding Californians either cannot own legally, or can own only with extreme difficulty.

The original e-mail reported that NFL was donating the $500,000.  It was only an hours later that the Illinois State Rifle Association corrected the report to the above.

The will be a case study in how NOT to respect your customers, and the damage that one (rogue) employee can do to an entire business...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The NFL continues to Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 11:33:30 AM »
I'm sure the [former] fans who demand respect for the flag and the anthem will be extremely pleased to see more money being thrown at taking away their guns. Why is it that the NRA has become the whipping boy for every cause that has nothing to do with guns? Harvey Weinstein claimed he was going to atone for ["not"] raping all those women by ... devoting his "talents" to taking on the NRA.  ???

Is anyone but me old enough to remember Rocky Bleier? Vietnam veteran, former member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, played on four Superbowl-winning teams. Rocky, it might be said, has walked the walk. And he has expressed his opinion.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2017/10/27/vietnam-vet-and-four-time-super-bowl-champ-rocky-bleier-gives-his-view-of-nfl-protests-and-its-epic/

“It’s very simply this: This is a workplace, you are at the stadium, you are working that day, this is not a platform for protest,” Bleier, 71, told Yahoo Sports. “The American people, they can’t go to their workplace and start to protest about whatever may be happening in their life. That wouldn’t be allowed and that shouldn’t be allowed in the NFL.”

Continuing, he noted, “It’s not a violation of the First Amendment at all. You have off days, you can do it outside of the stadium or on other platforms, but not the gameday platform. It’s a very simple question and people are making it more complex than it really is.

Sounds a lot like what Trump said, doesn't it? Now why can't Goodell see that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:42:09 AM »
Having had two brothers that had served in Vietnam, Rocky Bleier was my favorite player, on my favorite team.

Having said that, he's absolutely correct.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 01:03:11 PM »
Isn't the idiom: "Inmates running the asylum ?

Not sure 8f that would be better or worse.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »
Having had two brothers that had served in Vietnam, Rocky Bleier was my favorite player, on my favorite team.

Wasn't Rocky Bleier actually wounded in Vietnam, but managed to overcome the wound and play again?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »
Wasn't Rocky Bleier actually wounded in Vietnam, but managed to overcome the wound and play again?

Yup.  Wounded in both legs and lost part of his right foot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Bleier#Vietnam

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 09:23:14 PM »
Read "Fighting Back"...Rocky Bleier's book...when I was in 8th grade.  Amazing how he came back from combat injuries to play in the NFL.  His feet were two different sizes due to the damage.  Much respect for the man.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »
Just ANOTHER reason I wish I were a dedicated NFL fan, so I could start boycotting the lousy <expletives>.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain