Author Topic: Campbell's Skillet (and other) Sauces  (Read 2655 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Campbell's Skillet (and other) Sauces
« on: October 31, 2017, 07:22:07 AM »
We've talked about these cooking sauces before... I was HIGHLY disappointed with the Buffalo Chicken sauce for the crock pot, but love the pot roast and Hawaiian pork sauces.

Last night I tried the Chicken Marsalla skillet sauce. Brown some chicken breasts, add the sauce, let cook on low until the chicken is done, and serve over pasta.

Very, very good stuff. The only issue I had was that the chicken was a bit dry; I should have brined it beforehand, but I didn't have time.

I also have a pack of the Creamy Parmesan sauce that I'm going to try.

Campbell's has a bunch of additional flavors that my local stores don't carry, but which I'd like to try.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Campbell's Skillet (and other) Sauces
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »
A tip I got, which I've been using a ton, is to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts.  Meat doesn't dry out near as much, more flavor, and less expensive.

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
Very true, but I had four chicken breasts, which I bought on sale for $1.99, and which I needed to use or they were going to go bad.

Had I not gotten home so freaking late last night I would have brined them, but as it was, I barely had time to cook dinner and eat it before it was time for bed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:36 AM »
Wow. The Chicken Marsalla gets a LOT better after sitting for 24 hours!