Author Topic: Sweet, sweet tears of unfathomable sadness  (Read 4424 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Sweet, sweet tears of unfathomable sadness
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:02:56 AM »
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a13266971/election-2016-behind-the-scenes/

There are a number of choice quotes in there. But the message for those of us who read between the lines, is that the country didn't actually change. We didn't become racist and xenophobic overnight. But no one on the left has considered they might have moved out of sight of their previous positions.

Enjoy...
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Sweet, sweet tears of unfathomable sadness
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:17:38 AM »
That was a fantastic read.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 06:51:07 AM »
Zara Rahim, Clinton campaign national spokeswoman: We were waiting for the coronation.

Well, there it is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:36:53 AM »
O...M...G!

David Remnick: We agreed that night, and we agree today, that the Trump presidency is an emergency. And in an emergency, you've got a purpose, a job to do, and ours is to put pressure on power. That's always the highest calling of journalism, but never more so than when power is a constant threat to the country and in radical opposition to its values and its highest sense of itself.

Journalistic ego trip much?

The job of journalists is to report. You can't report when you can't be objective. A "constant threat" to the country? Hillary Clinton was a MUCH bigger threat to the United States than Trump could ever hope to be.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »
"Sen. Tim Kaine, Democratic vice presidential candidate: I thought we would win, but I was more wary than many for the simple reason that the U.S. had never elected a woman president and still has a poor track record of electing women to federal office."

AH MAH GERD! IT'S DA WHITEY MCWHITERSON ANTI WIMMINS WHO KEPT HILLARY OUT OF OFFIZE!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »

Well, there it is.

I've been saying for close to a year that that's what many on the left thought it was, and should, and was going to be... a glorious coronation. Another ground-breaking coronation, just like the coronation of the previous president.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »
"Sen. Tim Kaine: This was a huge feeling given all the work that Anne and I have done for 30-plus years to help make Virginia more progressive..."

That's so *expletive deleted*ing nauseating. Translate that as "I want Virginia to be just like California, New York, Maryland, and Massachusetts! High taxes! Overbearing government! Enormous deficits! I know how to spend your money better than you do, and if you disagree with me you're a white power Klan racist!"

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »
"Sen. Tim Kaine: This was a huge feeling given all the work that Anne and I have done for 30-plus years to help make Virginia more progressive..."

That's so *expletive deleted*ing nauseating. Translate that as "I want Virginia to be just like California, New York, Maryland, and Massachusetts! High taxes! Overbearing government! Enormous deficits! I know how to spend your money better than you do, and if you disagree with me you're a white power Klan racist!"

Boy, you got that right.  I noticed a while ago that Kaine was another graduate of Harvard Law School.

Folks tout that as a high accomplishment and noble thing.  Nowadays, I'm starting to regard it as an automatic disqualification for public office, like a felony or something.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »
Boy, you got that right.  I noticed a while ago that Kaine was another graduate of Harvard Law School.

Folks tout that as a high accomplishment and noble thing.  Nowadays, I'm starting to regard it as an automatic disqualification for public office, like a felony or something.

A former girlfriend went to Harvard Law. While they may churn out some great legal minds, they also just churn out "graduates". She told me that once you're in their school, you WILL graduate, no matter how crappy you are. They make sure to greatly limit dropouts because they feel it looks bad for them, so a loser can still make it through, and they help them pass the bar in some state with an easy exam.

I would assume nowadays, you also have to compute in various social groups that get into the school due to diversity vs grades, then figure they're graduating too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
A former girlfriend went to Harvard Law. While they may churn out some great legal minds, they also just churn out "graduates". She told me that once you're in their school, you WILL graduate, no matter how crappy you are. They make sure to greatly limit dropouts because they feel it looks bad for them, so a loser can still make it through, and they help them pass the bar in some state with an easy exam.

I would assume nowadays, you also have to compute in various social groups that get into the school due to diversity vs grades, then figure they're graduating too.

Didn't Obama got to Harvard?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »
I also thought this was a great read on the psychology of the Clinton voters, and just how fragile they were. A couple of examples that stood out to me (bolding mine):

Jorge Ramos: I've been to wars, I've covered the most difficult situations in Latin America. But I needed to digest and to understand what had happened. I came home very late. I turned on the news. I had comfort food—cookies and chocolate milk—the same thing I used to have as a kid in Mexico City. After that, I realized that I had been preparing all my life for this moment. Once I digested what had happened with Trump and had a plan, which was to resist and report and not be neutral, then I was able to go to bed.

Shani O. Hilton, U.S. news editor, BuzzFeed News: You get on the train from Brooklyn. It’s silent. And not in the normal way of people not talking to each other. It felt like an observable silence. I saw at least three people sitting by themselves, just weeping silently.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
Some of the photographs attached to that, the ones that show supporters of the uncrowned empress melting down, are just monumental.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »
Holy crap, I just came across this...

"Maggie Haberman: I was getting bewildered texts from my child who couldn’t sleep, asking me what happened. I think this election was really difficult for kids to process."

The ONLY reason this election was "so hard to process" for kids was because of their *expletive deleted*ing parents RAMMING their hatred, fear, psychotic rage, infantile *RESIST!* mentality, etc." down their kids throats!

I know more than a few people who did nothing but spin their minor children up with "Hillary will make you free to be anything you want!" and "Trump is evil and will put Mommy and Daddy in death camps and force you into slavery!" that the only choice those kids had was to react to the election with abject fear.

After the election, it was even worse. Some of them were so far gone that all they could do was wallow in their own psychotic puddles and make the bad situation that THEY created for their kids even worse.

I swear to God the parental left's reaction to this election was nothing short of psychological child abuse.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 10:50:03 AM »
Wow... the last one really is the best one!

"Gary Johnson: Well for me, just speaking personally, I do not aspire to be president of the United States anymore. Why would anybody want to be president of the United States now that Donald Trump's been president of the United States?"

Holy *expletive deleted*ck! That's a level of sour grapes that I thought could only come from the uncrowned empress...

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »

No, no, no, no, no!

You can't leave out the best part of that quote!

"This was a huge feeling given all the work that Anne and I have done for 30-plus years to help make Virginia more progressive. It struck me for the first time, “I will probably be vice president.” That feeling lasted about 90 minutes."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DYING here.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 01:51:58 PM »
Sure, that was cute. Just like everyone else thought he'd be VP. He really ought to read John Adams' and Harry Truman's assessment of what it is to be VP, and then maybe he wouldn't have been so excited. But that's not what I was concerned about.

It's his bullshit assessment that YES WE CAN! (put a maypole in every town, an education commisar in every school, and a thought police stukach in every household. Once we get the minds and souls in an iron grip, we can finally achieve true communism... er... Democratism in America!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
Every so often, I go to youtube and watch one of the OMGWTF !!!  Trump wins, media/liberals meltdown/lose their minds videos from election night, just to bathe in their tears once more and re-blacken my soul...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:22:29 PM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:13 PM »
I'm not hugely into politics on the national level, but have been very intimately associated with local politics for 23 years.  The people who have mentored me have taught me that you can take nothing for granted in an election, except a probable win in an uncontested election.  So, with that said, the egos of the Dems in this election...  It was as if this was a Greek tragedy, they challenged the gods, and their act of hubris was preparing the coronation before the first vote had been cast.

That SNL sketch in the middle of the article?  Didn't see it before today, but damn was that funny.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »
Jill Stein, Green Party candidate: Did I have remorse about running? Absolutely not. I have remorse about the misery people are experiencing under Democrats and Republicans both.

Talk about the blind squirrel finding a nut. 

Jorge Ramos: I've been to wars, I've covered the most difficult situations in Latin America. But I needed to digest and to understand what had happened. I came home very late. I turned on the news. I had comfort food—cookies and chocolate milk—the same thing I used to have as a kid in Mexico City. After that, I realized that I had been preparing all my life for this moment. Once I digested what had happened with Trump and had a plan, which was to resist and report and not be neutral, then I was able to go to bed.

So much for journalistic integrity.   :facepalm:

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
Yeah, like the reportage that President Trump was somehow trying to kill koi fish by overfeeding them

Later vids (if real) show that he was following the example of Prime Minister Shinzō Abe dumping his box of koi food into the pond before President Trump did.

The scraping of the bottom of the barrel for any microscopic fault of Trump's --true or imaginary --seems to have become the hallmark of modern "journalism."

And the hallmark of the leftists of today is that they gobble up all the journalistic BS.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/11/06/surprise-party-animal-evan-mcmullin-wins-2016-presidential-election-recap-by-esquire/

The ONLY reason this election was "so hard to process" for kids was because of their *expletive deleted*ing parents RAMMING their hatred, fear, psychotic rage, infantile *RESIST!* mentality, etc." down their kids throats!

To be fair, the adults spun one another up to the same degree. In any case, these are Democrats. Their children are lucky not to have been Gosnelled, to begin with.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:04:58 PM by fistful »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 08:12:29 AM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/11/06/surprise-party-animal-evan-mcmullin-wins-2016-presidential-election-recap-by-esquire/

To be fair, the adults spun one another up to the same degree. In any case, these are Democrats. Their children are lucky not to have been Gosnelled, to begin with.

They're putative adults, for *expletive deleted*ck's sake, so spinning each other up is fine. They get to do that. Let the lemmings panic and feed on each other.

But when they pass that on to their kids they're only perpetuating the kind of fractured political environment that they claim to hate.

As I said, I really believe that the left engage in psychological child abuse in a lot of cases, and in doing so helped fracture political discourse for another generation.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »

They're putative adults, for *expletive deleted*ck's sake, so spinning each other up is fine. They get to do that. Let the lemmings panic and feed on each other.

But when they pass that on to their kids they're only perpetuating the kind of fractured political environment that they claim to hate.

As I said, I really believe that the left engage in psychological child abuse in a lot of cases, and in doing so helped fracture political discourse for another generation.

I don't disagree.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 08:45:30 AM »
MOAR WINNING.

https://youtu.be/RE-uhXKO-nk

Most of you probably saw this last year. It's a compilation of election night footage set to "The Hall of the Mountain King."

It is excellent.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »

I don't disagree.

Neither do I, especially considering that we now have 5 year-old "transgenders".