Author Topic: Your favorite hand tool  (Read 6501 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: Your favorite hand tool
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2007, 11:39:24 PM »
Not the most useful but a tool I always have in the bags is my Super Wonder Bar.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-525-15-inch-Super-Wonder/dp/B00002X22U

Lift, pry, pull nails, general demo, emer. hammer.  The extra c-curve gives a great fulcrum.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »
If you are a man, your favorite tool is a hammer. If not, turn in your man card now! That said, I am a man of wealth and taste so my favorite tool is a pair of fencing pliers. Now before you metro- types ask for my man card yes they are pliers and yes they are designed to be used as a hammer and prybar. In short, a pocketful of destruction.  grin  Other than that Vise-Grip makes a multi-tool with a weird pelican-type jaw, grips all kinds of stuff and it also has a knife, file, and a hex socket to accept bits. That, coupled with a big multi-bit set, a pair of fencing pliers, some duct tape, and safety wire can fix all manner of stuff. I do not even bother with electric wire in a car repair kit, there is so much non-essential wire in a car that you can get a piece if you need it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »
Crescent wrench doubles as a hammer. It is sometimes refered to as a "crescent hammer" but I agree, a BFH is a nice commodity.  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
Do you have a favorite tool?  I'm talking about screwdrivers, hammers, etc., the kind of thing you would keep in your toolbox/bag or in the trunk of your car.  I don't think we should leave out power tools, but let's just keep it in the realm of hand tools, things you hold in your hand, rather than mount to a work-bench. 

I'm a network administrator these days.  One tool is more useful than all others put together.   

Claw hammer.  For reprogramming users.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.