Author Topic: Trump --> Flyn --> SETUP?  (Read 869 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump --> Flyn --> SETUP?
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:56:50 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-in-trump-russia-probe-was-it-all-about-the-logan-act/article/2642434

I wonder if there are any records of what sort of foreign contacts Obama and his transition team had during the period between his first election and his inauguration? I'd be VERY surprised if they were "none."

Then again, it would require a fairly broad reading of the law to make it apply here, I think.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

The law has been on the books since 1799. In all those years, there have been only two indictments, and zero convictions. Despite the technicality that Trump wasn't yet the President, I think to argue that a duly-elected President's transition team cannot have ANY contacts with other governments during the transition period is an untenable position. I would argue that being a member of an elected president's transition team constitutes "authority of the United States."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: Trump --> Flyn --> SETUP?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »
If they're going to start enforcing that law, maybe someone should look into the post-government-employment actions of Private Citizen Jimmy Carter, Private Citizen Bill Clinton, and Private Citizen Barack Hussein Obama.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:45:58 PM »
 :facepalm: I didn't even consider the implications of post-term activities ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »
Going-in Premise One:

(1) They're all friggin' evil anyhow.

There is no Premise Two.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.