Author Topic: Merry Christmas Everyone!  (Read 2764 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Merry Christmas Everyone!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »
Editing sucks. The pace is "frenetic." IMHO that destroys all humor. By the time you chuckle at one item, you've missed the next three.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
Editing sucks. The pace is "frenetic." IMHO that destroys all humor. By the time you chuckle at one item, you've missed the next three.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 06:02:02 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone.  It's been snowing and blowing here in W. Michigan all day.  Bitter cold.  Shoveled about 4 inches around 8AM and another two around 10AM.  Pretty blowy all afternoon and snowing again now since around 4PM.  Grandson and son each have around 30 mile drives this evening.  Whiteouts after dark are not cool.

Best gift I could ask for is that it quits snowing by Wednesday so I have dry roads on Friday as we head south.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
Merry Merry, go get my kid now and it snowed, so in spite of myself it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Peace and happy liberal tolerance to all! Or was it alcohol tolerance?

Liberal tolerance = alcohol tolerance.  Alcohol does a fine job of helping one tolerate libs.  Not mutually exclusive.   :laugh:

Little sister went Peace Corps.... Nuff said.

Merry Christmas y'all.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:34:48 PM by Andiron »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »
Let's get down to brass tacks.  The real question of the season is:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »
Well, I got her good.

As I suspected, since I had stuck two of the boxes together and tied them up pretty so it would be kind of two for one (we go around in a circle one at a time so everyone see's every one elses gifts) she'd got greedy and go for it early on. She unwrapped eagerly, and then opened the glittery gold box. Her face was priceless when she realized there wasn't anything in the box.  :rofl:
"Last year you said you wanted boxes."
I got a lot of looks and snark after that. She didn't get to her real present until later (which she liked) and I told her that she couldn't possibly think I was really that mean and would only get her empty boxes.

The funny part was my other cousins son, who's about 5, was really fascinated by the boxes and really liked the padding that came inside them. He kept opening them up to fuss with the padding.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2017, 11:28:25 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »
Well, I got her good.

As I suspected, since I had stuck two of the boxes together and tied them up pretty so it would be kind of two for one (we go around in a circle one at a time so everyone see's every one elses gifts) she'd got greedy and go for it early on. She unwrapped eagerly, and then opened the glittery gold box. Her face was priceless when she realized there wasn't anything in the box.  :rofl:
"Last year you said you wanted boxes."
I got a lot of looks and snark after that. She didn't get to her real present until later (which she liked) and I told her that she couldn't possibly think I was really that mean and would only get her empty boxes.

The funny part was my other cousins son, who's about 5, was really fascinated by the boxes and really liked the padding that came inside them. He kept opening them up to fuss with the padding.

Faith in humanity weakened, can't believe you got her a real present.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.