Author Topic: US Vetoes UN on Jerusalem  (Read 3845 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: US Vetoes UN on Jerusalem
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »
And it would become an un-building.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »
A rather interesting list of countries that voted with us today:

Nauru made the list.  Gotta be some bonus points for having the support of the world's only palindromic nationality.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 02:53:51 AM »

While others have recommended getting the hell out of the UN, I've always been for staying in.  This incident kind of illustrates why.

Terry

Just throwing that out again for discussion.  We can't let our anger over the UN dictate that we destroy it.  It has its uses.  And I'm sure if we had a ballsey and clever President, we would use it to our maximum advantage instead of being the world's patsy.

Oh, wait.  Did I say "if?"

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 11:36:18 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 08:04:25 AM »
Ok, that cartoon is a winner!   =D

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 03:10:07 PM »
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:13:27 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »
I dislike the UN. Because I had to work with them and saw how the sausage was made.

Normally, if the overwhelming majority of the world says "yeah, no" I would probably concur we shouldn't. In this case, it's a strictly a Israeli/Palestinian dispute. The rest of the world should encourage both sides to find some solution, but stay out of it so long as neither side is going insane. Contrary to the interwebz, Israel is not committing genocide. While they pull stupid stunts on a regular basis (settlers, etc), it's pretty tame on the normal level. They have both Arab and Islamic members of their parliament.

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that Israel is about 90% likely to follow a deal it makes. Palestinians, maybe 10%. That's being generous. Folks are pissed that Israel won't fall over and die to make everyone else happy. Not saying I'm a huge fan of Israel, far from it. They've pulled a lot of stunts against the US, and I'm not overly fond of their government. But they're civilized. They generally have rule of law, decent stability and more or less first world human rights.

The opposition? Not so much.

Ergo, yes, in this case, we are correct in telling the world to screw off and pulling funding to make it clear.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.