Author Topic: That Trump!  (Read 1531 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
That Trump!
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the following. It was sent to me by a fellow Vietnam veteran, who served in the Seabees:

On Friday, the Trump administration released their annual  report to Congress on White House Office Personnel.  It includes the name,
status, salary and position title of all 377 White House employees.

The report also said that Trump decided not to take a dime of his salary, instead he donated it to an amazing cause! (see below).

The report also showed that President Trump is far better at saving money than Obama was. The total annual White House salaries under Trump are
$35.8 million vs. $40.9million under Obama, a savings of $5.1million.  Here are some other key findings

There are 110 fewer employees on White House staff under Trump than under Obama at this point in their respective presidencies.

Nineteen fewer staffers are also dedicated to The First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS). Currently, there are only five staffers dedicated to
Melania Trump vs. 24 staffers who served Michelle Obama (FY2009)

However, it's what the report said Trump did with this salary that has everyone talking.

Instead of taking his salary, Trump donated all $400,000 to the Department of the Interior where it will be used for construction and repair
needs at military cemeteries! AMAZING!  It's so great to have a President who loves our brave military men and women so much!

Oh, and where's the media coverage of this? That's right, they don't cover anything decent that the President does..

How the Hell did Michele Obama rate 24 staffers? "First Lady" isn't even a government position.l
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:41:22 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: That Trump!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:17:40 PM »
I've seen the same at IIRC, Fox News.  So I would assume that someone did the research and aren't just pulling #'s out of their Fourth Point of Contact.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »
Assuming that is true, it is really cool.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
While the first lady isn't a governmental position, the role of first lady has significant responsibilities and duties as a defacto goodwill ambassador, hostess, and human, familial face behind the president.

To expect the first lady to perform those duties without a staff is ludicrous.

In order to assess whether 24 is a valid number, you'd need to know exactly what they did for the first lady rather than concentrate on the total number.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »
He did not donate $400,000 to the DoI for military cemeteries.

He donated his first quarter salary to the National Park Service to restore two projects at a national battlefield.
He donated his second quarter salary to the Department of Education for a STEM camp.
He donated his third quarter salary to the Department of Health and Human Services for a public awareness campaign about opioid addiction.
Haven't found if he's donated his fourth quarter salary yet.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:24 AM »
That EVIL bastard! Picking where his money goes!

And I thought Republicans hate STEM cells?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »
He did not donate $400,000 to the DoI for military cemeteries.

He donated his first quarter salary to the National Park Service to restore two projects at a national battlefield.
He donated his second quarter salary to the Department of Education for a STEM camp.
He donated his third quarter salary to the Department of Health and Human Services for a public awareness campaign about opioid addiction.
Haven't found if he's donated his fourth quarter salary yet.

You know, I hated Trump when he was running, but I actually like him now.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »
While the first lady isn't a governmental position, the role of first lady has significant responsibilities and duties as a defacto goodwill ambassador, hostess, and human, familial face behind the president.

In order to assess whether 24 is a valid number, you'd need to know exactly what they did for the first lady rather than concentrate on the total number.

She doesn't have to perform those "duties" at all, but I understand that there's an expectation that she will. If we expect her to perform "duties," then we give her staff. (Although her staff seem to all show up as special assistants to the President on the payroll.) Nonetheless, the cosmic disparity in the size of Michele Obama's staff compared to the staffs of her predecessors and Melania is staggering.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »

1.)   The first lady should have a staff.
2.)    It should not be as large as Michele Obama's was.
3.)    It should be as minimal as is possible.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
You know, I hated Trump when he was running, but I actually like him now.
I’m still not a huge fan, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t done some good things.

I don’t understand why the person who came up with the version in the original post would come up with the false narrative of who he donated it to.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 09:38:11 PM »
So Trump destroyed 110 jobs in the White House alone?

[popcorn]

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
So Trump destroyed 110 jobs in the White House alone?

[popcorn]

:laugh:

Trump/Mattis 2020.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.