Author Topic: So tomorrow is 10 days  (Read 27379 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: So tomorrow is 10 days
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 05:52:11 PM »
Doing good !!!!  You got this....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 06:01:44 PM »
You can celebrate with a cigar!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 06:08:56 PM »
Soon, you won't even think about it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »
Nice job! We're taking care of my mother in law and she smokes--it seems like such a hassle. Smoke before you leave, smoke when you arrive, leave to go outside and smoke. Make trips into town for tobacco. And she's poor, too. Geeze.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 05:52:44 PM »
In a meeting today, got seated by a smoker. She reeked.  Find that I'm noticing the smell more.  Even on some of the papers people bring to court. More reason to keep going.  (Fixed an autocorrect boo-boo.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:21:48 PM by Chris »
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2018, 07:07:51 PM »
In a meeting today, got seated by a smoker. She seemed.  Find that I'm noticing the smell more.  Even on some of the papers people bring to court. More reason to keep going. 
When SWMBO moved in, her dad was a smoker and I swear for about 6 months I nearly threw up from her clothes in the closet and the smoke smell that was off gassing from them.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »
"Find that I'm noticing the smell more.  Even on some of the papers people bring to court."

I still catch a whiff of it in my apartment when I come in from the fresh air.  I don't know how many quintillions of surface square inches there are, considering all the fibrous things like carpet threads and the like, but I've been smoking in here for about 13 years.  I now have beige walls.

Yeah,yeah, I vacuumed the crap out of the place, blasted fresh air through the place on the warm days since September, when I quit.  Nineteen inch fan blowing in on one side, nineteen incher blowing out on the other.

Still catch the smell, coming in from outdoors.  (And I suddently noticed the smoke from one of my neighbors.  I knew he smoked, but I guess my own emissions masked his.)

Oh, and I'm really noticing the $50 or so a week I'm saving.  I make it about $800 m/l since I quit.

Totally unrelated, but good for a grin on your autocorrection.  Saw it somewhere:

"Autocorrect is my worst enema."

Terry

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:36:20 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2018, 09:02:47 PM »
"Find that I'm noticing the smell more.  Even on some of the papers people bring to court."

I still catch a whiff of it in my apartment when I come in from the fresh air.  I don't know how many quintillions of surface square inches there are, considering all the fibrous things like carpet threads and the like, but I've been smoking in here for about 13 years.  I now have beige walls.

Yeah,yeah, I vacuumed the crap out of the place, blasted fresh air through the place on the warm days since September, when I quit.  Nineteen inch fan blowing in on one side, nineteen incher blowing out on the other.

Still catch the smell, coming in from outdoors.  (And I suddently noticed the smoke from one of my neighbors.  I knew he smoked, but I guess my own emissions masked his.)

Oh, and I'm really noticing the $50 or so a week I'm saving.  I make it about $800 m/l since I quit.

Totally unrelated, but good for a grin on your autocorrection.  Saw it somewhere:

"Autocorrect is my worst enema."

Terry

Ozone generator seems to take the edge off smoke smell,  might be worth a try. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
I now have beige walls.

A friend quit cold turkey during his divorce; he took the wedding photo down after 25 years, saw the difference in the wall color, and has been terrified of cigs ever since.  Light one up near him and he starts sweating from the fear.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
Tomorrow is 30 days.  Around here, a pack is just under $7. I was buying 4 packs a week. So, around  $112.  Need to not only not spend on cigs, but stick that money (or at least a good chunk of it) in an envelope for that gun buy.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »
Fantastic!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2018, 10:27:48 AM »
Ozone generator seems to take the edge off smoke smell,  might be worth a try.  

Yeah, I might try running a big job on my laser printer or building a Jacob's ladder.  I think I might have the parts for that.

Funny how I never noticed the ozone off my printer until I quit smoking.

And yeah, I moved a wall clock recently and left a large circle of white on the wall.

Not a bad idea about stuffing a "$moking $aved" envelope with the unspent cash for a personal present.

Good going, Chris !

Terry

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
So, it's been over a month.  12/28/17 was my last. Been some stressful, nasty court days, but I've stayed the course.  I'm thinking about it less.  I still do, sometimes.  Would never have thought a year ago, I'd be sitting here in 2018, waiting for the Super Bowl, no smoking, no Pepsi or Coke, and happy about it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »
CONGRATS !!!!

And as to the "Thinking about it" thing.  I woke up in the middle of night about a week ago craving a Lucky Strike, which I haven't smoked since college (1983-1987).  Because they were the cheapest cigarettes you could buy back then.

I do recommend carrots and celery to help with the oral fixation so you don't put on extra pounds...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
And as to the "Thinking about it" thing.  I woke up in the middle of night about a week ago craving a Lucky Strike, which I haven't smoked since college (1983-1987).  Because they were the cheapest cigarettes you could buy back then.

Back when poor people could afford Spam.  And tortillas, for that matter.  Lucky's are more expensive than Camels around here.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 02:29:22 AM »
Good job !

(It'll be five months for me, come Wednesday, 7 Feb.) <...A note of encouragement, not braggadocio

(Well, yeah, it is, a little.  =D )
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:43:50 AM by 230RN »

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 06:35:28 AM »
Good job !

(It'll be five months for me, come Wednesday, 7 Feb.) <...A note of encouragement, not braggadocio

(Well, yeah, it is, a little.  =D )

Nothing wrong with bragging about it.  And support is appreciated.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2018, 07:15:46 AM »
Very excellent.

I have to go to Walmart tomorrow morning.

I've decided that one of the things I'm picking up are nicotine patches. I'm going to make it stick this time (stopping smoking, not the patches).
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
Very excellent.

I have to go to Walmart tomorrow morning.

I've decided that one of the things I'm picking up are nicotine patches. I'm going to make it stick this time (stopping smoking, not the patches).

I think that was the biggest thing for me.  In the past,  I felt like I should quit, or I ought to quit.  This is the first time I've wanted to quit.  Deciding that I don't want to smoke anymore helped.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
Six months today.

How's it going, Chris?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2018, 08:31:07 AM »
I think that was the biggest thing for me.  In the past,  I felt like I should quit, or I ought to quit.  This is the first time I've wanted to quit.  Deciding that I don't want to smoke anymore helped.

You hit the nail on the head.  I had a friend who talked about doing or not doing stuff, no matter what it was.  He said the key was to decide you want to.  To quote his sagelike words..."You gotta wanna."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 12:32:12 PM »
When SWMBO moved in, her dad was a smoker and I swear for about 6 months I nearly threw up from her clothes in the closet and the smoke smell that was off gassing from them.

My mother passed away in 1994. In 1995 I moved into the house and started painting rooms. The room next to the master bedroom had been my bedroom when I was very young, then became my younger sister's room when she was born (parents had the attic converted into a room for me). It was January, and I was working at night, after work. When I started painting sis's old bedroom, I thought my eyes were failing -- I was painting light colors, and I couldn't see anything.

Older house, had a ceiling light fixture in the middle of the room. I finally removed the glass and washed it. OH MY GAWD! The amount of tar that came off probably about killed the septic system. Then I pulled the bulbs and washed them. What a difference. The thing was -- both parents were heavy smokers, but nobody else in the house smoked, so this was tar accumulation from second-hand smoke in a room where nobody smoked. I shudder to think what my mother's lungs must have looked like.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2018, 06:42:55 AM »
Six months today.

How's it going, Chris?

I'll say it's about a C grade for myself.  High stress at work, some personal issues, and I said f#ck it on a Friday, bought beer and a pack of cigs.  I managed to avoid falling back to the old ways, but I did finish that pack.  Mea culpa.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »
As the say, "*expletive deleted*it Happens".

Just climb back on the bull and start your ride again.

I can't tell you how many times I got thrown off the bull riding rodeo as a kid, but I just kept getting back on. I eventually made 8 seconds after a few false starts.

The person who is beating you up the most about it will be you. It is what it is. Quitting nicotine is one of the hardest addictions to break so you just start all over and tell yourself it will last longer this time than last and eventually it will last forever.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
I'll say it's about a C grade for myself.  High stress at work, some personal issues, and I said f#ck it on a Friday, bought beer and a pack of cigs.  I managed to avoid falling back to the old ways, but I did finish that pack.  Mea culpa.

Drat !

Although it may take three or four tries, don't let that be an excuse to start again.  And I hope things settle down for you.  Put this up as your wallpaper.  Green is a good tranque, path and bridge are good symbols:

That picture somehow brings to mind some phrase I heard once about broad sunland uplits... or broad sunlit uplands... something like that.

Terry

Pic credit in properties.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:22:52 PM by 230RN »