Author Topic: So tomorrow is 10 days  (Read 27400 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: So tomorrow is 10 days
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2018, 09:53:29 PM »
Drat !

Although it may take three or four tries, don't let that be an excuse to start again.  And I hope things settle down for you.  Put this up as your wallpaper.  Green is a good tranque, path and bridge are good symbols:

That picture somehow brings to mind some phrase I heard once about broad sunland uplits... or broad sunlit uplands... something like that.

Terry

Pic credit in properties.

Sunlit upland broads would've been the thing..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: So tomorrow is 10 days
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »
Hey, I found it:

https://www.winstonchurchill.org/resources/speeches/1940-the-finest-hour/their-finest-hour/

Winnie, June 18, 1940, to the House of Commons, the "Finest Hour Speech":

The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, “This... was their finest hour.”
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.