Author Topic: Don't Eat the Detergent Pods  (Read 934 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Don't Eat the Detergent Pods
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Don't Eat the Detergent Pods
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »
There was a big kerfluffle a while back because a toddler got to the brightly coloured packs(they've toned them down since I understand), ate some, and ended up dying. Lots of warning in the grocery stores.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:22 AM »
There was a big kerfluffle a while back because a toddler got to the brightly coloured packs(they've toned them down since I understand), ate some, and ended up dying. Lots of warning in the grocery stores.

In this case, and I just realized the link didn't make it clear, it's teenagers eating them. It's a new Internet dare, and yesterday I saw a tv snippet where some jackass was making a pizza with detergent pod toppings.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
In this case, and I just realized the link didn't make it clear, it's teenagers eating them. It's a new Internet dare, and yesterday I saw a tv snippet where some jackass was making a pizza with detergent pod toppings.

Darwin is still hard at work,  I see. :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »

Darwin is still hard at work,  I see. :facepalm:

These days, they're makin' it easy ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »
you are not supposed to eat the yellow snow either, but folks probably do.   There is no way to save all the people all the time from all the hazards out there.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 07:17:11 PM »
I got my mouth washed out with soap as punishment, these morons are doing it for fun?  Sounds like a few future Darwin Award recipients.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 04:45:04 AM »
I got my mouth washed out with soap as punishment, these morons are doing it for fun?  Sounds like a few future Darwin Award recipients.

Worse, regular soap is unlikely to do anything if you ingest it.  As I pointed out earlier, the stuff in the detergent pods is nasty enough to kill.