Author Topic: NFL - Beyond Redemption  (Read 1366 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
NFL - Beyond Redemption
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:51:40 AM »
First - NFL private organization, they can allow or not allow anyone to publish in their program for the Super Bowl.  It's NOT a 1A issue.  The USSC has held that they have every right to offend and insult me and my brethren.

Second - I have every right to not purchase, nor otherwise support, nor do anything that would put money in their coffers.

Three-  I will be asking my legislators to rescind the NFL non/not for-Profit status, as is my right to petition my government for redress of grievances.  Also that the DoD cease any affiliations and cooperation with the NFL.

The NFL is permanently dead to me.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: NFL - Beyond Redemption
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »
OK....

What suddenly brought this on as a new topic?

The fact that two of the most despicable teams every are in the toilet bowl this year?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
I will be asking my legislators to rescind the NFL non/not for-Profit status
??? I thought they already did that years ago.
https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2015/04/29/why-did-the-nfl-give-up-its-tax-exempt-status/
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:14:13 PM »
The NFL is permanently dead to me.

???

I must have missed something.  Are you a Vikings fan?   ;)

NFL is irrelevant to me; I don't think they are dead, but I don't care either way. 
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21:29 PM »
OK....

What suddenly brought this on as a new topic?

The fact that two of the most despicable teams every are in the toilet bowl this year?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/01/23/complete-disgrace-nfl-rejects-pleasestand-super-bowl-ad-from-veterans-group/

Sorry, I forgot to attach the link.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:28:52 PM »
I think the NFL is just trying to make it go away.  I've noticed they stopped showing the sidelines during the anthem on the games I've watched this season. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 02:48:30 PM »

First - NFL private organization, they can allow or not allow anyone to publish in their program for the Super Bowl.  It's NOT a 1A issue.  The USSC has held that they have every right to offend and insult me and my brethren.

Ummmm, if a cake designer is castigated, sued into the ground and punished for not wanting to participate in a marriage between homosexuals, why does the NFL have a right to ban an advertiser from a program?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »
I think the NFL is just trying to make it go away.  I've noticed they stopped showing the sidelines during the anthem on the games I've watched this season.  

Yes they are. Unfortunately, they can't.

If they'd have stopped all the protesting, one way or the other (like, for instance, threatening to fine any player and team that distracts from the "NFL image" like they did to the Cowboys who wanted to honor slain police officers with a STICKER) they could claim neutrality and not having an opinion one way or the other.

Discouraging all other forms of expression but for one, means you are supporting that one.

They don't get to spit in the face of Americans (or, let their employees do so) and then say "Woops, let's just forget this ever happened." No apology, no rectification.

They CAN'T pretend it isn't happening/ hasn't happened. They've chosen a side, against their consumers.

I'll enjoy their demise.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:56:16 PM »

Ummmm, if a cake designer is castigated, sued into the ground and punished for not wanting to participate in a marriage between homosexuals, why does the NFL have a right to ban an advertiser from a program?

Interesting argument.   Maybe we get some gun company to try buying an ad, or maybe the ME A.  See what happens...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »
Quite the opposite of make it go away, I expect they will focus in and talk about anyone who does kneel. And probably some commercial on coexist or no matter where you came from we're glad you're here or some horse dung like that. Some string puller decided a decade ago that sports was where to teach the crowd magnons that watch it social values.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 08:21:15 PM »

If they'd have stopped all the protesting, one way or the other (like, for instance, threatening to fine any player and team that distracts from the "NFL image" like they did to the Cowboys who wanted to honor slain police officers with a STICKER) they could claim neutrality and not having an opinion one way or the other.

Discouraging all other forms of expression but for one, means you are supporting that one.

They don't get to spit in the face of Americans (or, let their employees do so) and then say "Woops, let's just forget this ever happened." No apology, no rectification.

They CAN'T pretend it isn't happening/ hasn't happened. They've chosen a side, against their consumers.

I'll enjoy their demise.

Well said. That sums it up very succinctly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
The amusing part is I keep hearing about polls and other studies they are claiming to have that show none of that stuff is why ratings or attendance is down. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »

I'll enjoy their demise.

What was that line in the Rush song...."If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..."

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.