Author Topic: [Not] Flying the [Not] Friendly Skies  (Read 1535 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
[Not] Flying the [Not] Friendly Skies
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »
United scores another public relations coup:

http://www.newser.com/story/254636/woman-trying-to-reach-her-dying-mom-pulled-off-flight.html

Having just flown to the SHOT Show and back, I don't know why anyone who can't afford first class even sets foot in an airplane. A [very] long time ago, I used to enjoy flying. Now I hate it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: [Not] Flying the [Not] Friendly Skies
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 12:25:31 PM »
In this case I'm going to give United the benefit of the doubt and put the blame on Traveler HelpDesk. Sympathies for the lady in her plight but the third-party booking agent/expediter screwed it up, not United. All they had to work with was someone showing up with a canceled ticket.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »
Ah. I thought Traveler HelpDesk was a United support system. What is it, a third-party sales agency like Travelocity or Expedia?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »
Hmmm ...

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/travel-help-desk-incompetence-and-scam-c676905.html

I think I'll stick with Expedia. Expedia even managed to get my TSA "known traveler" number entered correctly on my reservations to and from the SHOT Show, and having TSA PreCheck really does make going through security screening at McCarran (Las Vegas) a lot less annoying.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »
I've had good luck with both expedia and travelocity.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 09:09:16 PM »
I've had good luck with both expedia and travelocity.

I have too, but Travelocity hasn't yet made provision for entering a known traveler number when booking your reservations.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 12:42:24 AM »
Having just flown to the SHOT Show and back, I don't know why anyone who can't afford first class even sets foot in an airplane. A [very] long time ago, I used to enjoy flying. Now I hate it.

If you can afford first class, shop around for charters.  Sometimes you get lucky and they need to ferry a plane somewhere anyway.  (Or in my case, I happened to need to get to where the pilot's parents were spending the summer, so my day trip was a perfect excuse for him to visit but not stay long.)  Skipping the prostate exam balances out the time, and (if you like airplanes) a couple extra hours in a Seminole or Bonanza with no screaming kids can be fun.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 04:39:59 AM »
I have too, but Travelocity hasn't yet made provision for entering a known traveler number when booking your reservations.

You can add it to the traveler profile in your account. Then it will be added to all tickets for that traveler.