Author Topic: The official religion of APS  (Read 945 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The official religion of APS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:06:27 PM »
I was surprised that it was a Moonie offshoot. There was a lot of press on the original Moonies in the late 70s-early 80s, but I don't remember them being associated with firearms stuff. It was a long time ago though, so I might have forgotten.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:11:21 PM »
I was surprised that it was a Moonie offshoot. There was a lot of press on the original Moonies in the late 70s-early 80s, but I don't remember them being associated with firearms stuff. It was a long time ago though, so I might have forgotten.

We'll put you down for some of our adult catechesis sessions. See you on Sunday, brother!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »
We'll put you down for some of our adult catechesis sessions. See you on Sunday, brother!

I'll be there, and I'll bring the donuts!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
Don't / didn't they own KAHR as well.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:32 PM »

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 02:39:01 PM »
 I saw some very attractive moonies trying to get new members (back in the 90's), I expressed interest but they turned me down-I guess
they didn't want some old lone wolf eyeing the thirty and twenty something gals in their pack.
 After hearing about this, I was thinking about going to a service but now? No Way.
I can't take guys wearing pink dresses very seriously.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »
I can't take guys wearing pink dresses very seriously.

With those cute tiaras, I find them rather fetching.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 05:31:27 PM »

Supposedly one of the Reverend Moon's sons owns (or owned) Kahr Arms.

[Oops -- I'm late (again)]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »
Students from an elementary school near the church were relocated for the day to distance them from the gun-toting couples at the ceremony, according to the Wallenpaupack School District website.

Did they think the rifles were just going to go off and start shooting people on their own or something? :facepalm:

And now for something unrelated to the article but they threw in there anyways for some reason.
The Pennsylvania school district three years ago called off classes during the massive manhunt for survivalist Eric Frein, who police said used an AK-47-style weapon to ambush a Pennsylvania state trooper barracks and then fled into the mountains.

Frein was found guilty in April of killing a Pennsylvania state trooper and wounding another in the September 2014 attack.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »
*runs on stage* Black Powder Matters!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.