Author Topic: And now "The Big Bang Theory" is dead to me  (Read 3529 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
And now "The Big Bang Theory" is dead to me
« on: February 18, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: And now "The Big Bang Theory" is dead to me
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »
In the wake of the shooting that killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida, stars far and wide are speaking out in the ongoing gun control debate.

I seriously don't give a single solitary *expletive deleted*ck what "stars" think. I'm so *expletive deleted*ing done with the "celebrity conscience" speaking for America that I can't tell you.

I've read some of her opinions before and they seemed well thought out and sensible. Sorry to see she didn't do her research here. Plus she did the Hollywood cop out of "It's not violent movies. We're innocent". Not that violent movies should necessarily be pointed out, but she certainly is keeping well clear of biting the hand that feeds her.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:58:55 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:49:39 PM »
Celebrity actors have one talent- pretending to be someone else.
Thier opinions should be given no more credence than my septician (the guy that pumps out my septic tank).
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
Celebrity actors have one talent- pretending to be someone else.
Thier opinions should be given no more credence than my septician (the guy that pumps out my septic tank).

At least your septician live in the real world. I'd give his opinion more weight that the likes of any actor or actress.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »
Just another SJW using her show business fame as a platform for spewing her ignorance.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/18/big-bang-theory-star-mayim-bialik-slams-nra-calls-for-civil-disobedience-to-change-gun-laws.html

Brilliant.

“This is not about the media and video games glorifying and encouraging violence. I mean, it is and it’s not. It’s not about toxic masculinity, although that’s something we need to discuss as well. The lack of mental health care for people in this country who need it is astounding and horrifying, but that’s not what’s causing these problems right now,” she said in the video below. “These are all contributing factors to a larger problem, but we don’t have the ability to solve all of them all together today.”

So this is not about any of the factors that might actually contribute to the problem, because they're "too complicated" to deal with, so this is strictly about an inanimate object that I find scary.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »
Apparently Ms. Bialik has been spouting off quite a bit recently: http://www.eonline.com/news/888070/mayim-bialik-is-truly-sorry-for-her-controversial-op-ed-about-sexual-harassment-and-feminism

Further proof that "intelligent (she's a Ph.D.) doesn't equal "smart."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »
Apparently Ms. Bialik has been spouting off quite a bit recently: http://www.eonline.com/news/888070/mayim-bialik-is-truly-sorry-for-her-controversial-op-ed-about-sexual-harassment-and-feminism

I saw that back when it came out. To me, the only bad thing about it was her apology. What she originally said actually made a lot of sense. She was just pounced on by the SJWs and gave in.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »

40 years ago a brilliant professor with a lot of degrees after his name told us, "Never allow yourselves to be impressed by someone's degrees. Most of them are meaningless. Thermometers have degrees and you know where we put some of those!"
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »
Big Bang Theory was DOA for me. Never liked that show.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:53:30 AM »
Big Bang Theory was DOA for me. Never liked that show.

Same here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 02:26:28 AM »
Well, some are going to like this, some aren't.  But here it is anyhow.

https://youtu.be/WK_jkPhrddc
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:08:13 AM »
If I paid attention to what actors said on their own time, I would have little left in terms of entertainment options.  Whatever show they happen to be on can rise or fall on its own merits.  I find the first few seasons of BBT hilarious and I enjoy watching reruns, the latest season not so much.  But the show supposedly won't be around for much longer anyway.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 11:17:09 AM »
Actors are the dancing monkey, Weinstein and his type are the organ grinder, and i'm not going to throw a coin in the cup if the monkey is screeching and just bit the grinder.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »
If I paid attention to what actors said on their own time, I would have little left in terms of entertainment options.  Whatever show they happen to be on can rise or fall on its own merits.  I find the first few seasons of BBT hilarious and I enjoy watching reruns, the latest season not so much.  But the show supposedly won't be around for much longer anyway.

That's generally been my philosophy, up until the last year at least. More and more over the last year, I have begun to tie idiot actors and their shows together. Too many of them have been going past the "ignore" line for me with their TDS. Luckily there's lots of older stuff on the TV, plus books*. :)

*Speaking of which, Hurry up and write, you slackard! :P  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »
Actors are the dancing monkey, Weinstein and his type are the organ grinder, and i'm not going to throw a coin in the cup if the monkey is screeching and just bit the grinder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLweGa4Jgnc

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
Speaking of which, Hurry up and write, you slackard! :P  :laugh:

My latest project is at around 60%, so I expect to be done by summer.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
I see she mentioned the "lack of mental healthcare".  IMO, it isn't the lack of mental care, it is the type.  The doctors don't seem to have an issue pumping them full of drugs.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 02:45:26 PM »
BBT jumped the shark a few seasons ago.  While it galls me that the media provides a forum for actors as if their opinions are more important than anyone else's, if we concerned ourselves with every idiotic thing that actors say, we wouldn't have any time to get productive things done -- like wasting time on APS!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 03:34:14 PM »
Not all entertainment folks are parroting the Leftist line.

Take a look at Dean Cain ("Superman"), who is up for election to the NRA Board of Directors.

See page 8 of the February Election Issue of the American Rifleman, as well as other NRA pubs.

"Staunch supporter of the Second Amendment," comes from a military family, even had <gasp!> sniper training.

Might pay to go over the biographies of Director candidates in that issue.  (You don't have to vote for a total of 25 --you can vote for fewer than 25, just not more than 25.)

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:53:06 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
Not all entertainment folks are parroting the Leftist line.

Take a look at Dean Cain ("Superman"), who is up for election to the NRA Board of Directors.

See page 8 of the February Election Issue of the American Rifleman.

"Staunch supporter of the Second Amendment," comes from a military family, even had <gasp!> sniper training.

Might pay to go over the biographies of Director candidates in that issue.

Terry, 230RN

He's been on several of the Louder w/ Crowder videos (conservative infotainment). So we've got Superman and Hercules on our side. Any other superheroes or demigods?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »
He's been on several of the Louder w/ Crowder videos (conservative infotainment). So we've got Superman and Hercules on our side. Any other superheroes or demigods?

:rofl:

Well, we had Moses until he died. So, prophet at least.

And I'm not sure if Magnum P.I. counts as a superhero.

Oh, hey. We've got the "Unbreakable" guy, too.

I'm also unsure of Neo's politics. And I like him a lot more for that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »

He very commonly avoids answering political questions.  We do know he is now an avid 3 gunner, but has been semi-active in climate change work. 
I'm going with Moderate-left, not liberal.  But the fact we can't nail his political views down fully says a lot and makes me respect him more. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »
He very commonly avoids answering political questions.  We do know he is now an avid 3 gunner, but has been semi-active in climate change work. 
I'm going with Moderate-left, not liberal.  But the fact we can't nail his political views down fully says a lot and makes me respect him more. 

Not to mention that watching those videos someone posted here a while back of him shooting three gun have me jealous. I'm thinking I'd like to be able to shoot half as well as him.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 04:35:29 PM »

Well, we had Moses until he died. So, prophet at least.

And I'm not sure if Magnum P.I. counts as a superhero.

Oh, hey. We've got the "Unbreakable" guy, too.

We also have a space mercenary who names his firearms as well as a romance novel model who pitches for a ‘not-butter’ substance.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 04:39:47 PM »
We most certainly don't have The Hulk, but I think he's much more useful as an example of what leftism does to one's brain, and acting ability.