Author Topic: The Gun Control Bandwagon  (Read 77045 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Gun Control Bandwagon
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:12 PM »
So I saw the bank that the NRA uses for their credit card has caved to protestors and is no longer providing card service. First National of Omaha I think.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »
I made an error, I forgot the Lautenberg Amendment  was passed by congress in 1996... so the last federal gun control I can recall was about 22 years ago...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2018, 01:10:33 PM »
So I saw the bank that the NRA uses for their credit card has caved to protestors and is no longer providing card service. First National of Omaha I think.
Rush mentioned that.  He suspects they caved to fake Twitter bots protesting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:20 PM »
MSNBC hot take:

Lawrence (Tribe): A bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun.

And yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter

Since the AR-15 bullet travels faster, the handgun is useless against it. "Party of science", yo.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/23/satire-is-dead-msnbc-anchors-get-dragged-for-incredibly-dumb-take-on-gun-physics/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2018, 06:08:44 PM »
abovethelaw.com never fails to entertain:

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/02/you-realize-arming-teachers-is-going-to-lead-to-black-students-getting-murdered-by-their-teacher-right/

But what if the armed teacher is a person of color?  Will (s)he start shooting white students?  The author doesn't say.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »
abovethelaw.com never fails to entertain:

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/02/you-realize-arming-teachers-is-going-to-lead-to-black-students-getting-murdered-by-their-teacher-right/

But what if the armed teacher is a person of color?  Will (s)he start shooting white students?  The author doesn't say.

My sense of humor is currently off line for maintenance. Please tell me that is satire.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »
My sense of humor is currently off line for maintenance. Please tell me that is satire.

It does read like The Onion, doesn't it?   Unfortunately, no such luck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »
dammit, I said please...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »
Also not satire:

http://www.miamiherald.com/article201604224.html

On the afternoon of Feb. 20, detectives investigated a report of terroristic threats at the school, where they learned that a student had been completing a math problem that required drawing the square-root sign.

Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.

So if you do math, someone may call the cops on you.

Better not draw the infinity symbol; someone might mistake it for a side-by-side shotgun.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2018, 10:31:28 PM »
Also not satire:

http://www.miamiherald.com/article201604224.html

So if you do math, someone may call the cops on you.

Better not draw the infinity symbol; someone might mistake it for a side-by-side shotgun.

No. That's not real. That can't be real. It just can't. I can't have phase-shifted into another alternate reality again. Not again.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
Suck it up old man, that *expletive deleted*it is as real as it gets.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2018, 11:07:54 PM »
And the media lies continue: http://www.newsweek.com/five-gun-control-bills-congress-could-pass-wake-florida-shooting-816327

Just last year, congressional Republicans voted to roll back Obama-era legislation that required the Social Security Administration to enter information about individuals with mental illness into the system.

We've discussed this before. The people being entered into NICS by the Social Security Administration were not people who had been adjudicated mentally defective, they were simply people who had designated someone to help them handle their finances. The Veterans Administration did the same thing.

G-d I hate the media!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
"AR-15s tear bodies apart!!!". So says moron "Retired Lt Colonel Ralph Peters" on Fox News right this minute. "A pump action shotgun is what you want for home defense. If you want to shoot an AR-15, join the military."

Firearms expert.  ;/

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
"AR-15s tear bodies apart!!!". So says moron "Retired Lt Colonel Ralph Peters" on Fox News right this minute. "A pump action shotgun is what you want for home defense. If you want to shoot an AR-15, join the military."

Firearms expert.  ;/

My respect for Peters is diminished.   If I wanted to choose a weapon that tears people apart,  I'd choose the pump shottie, with appropriate loads they very nearly do that.  They were the "trench broom" of WW1 and have been used in many wars since.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2018, 11:58:22 AM »

Firearms expert.  ;/

And the military needs a new rifle because the AR-15 only puts little pinholes in the enemy and doesn't kill them ...  ;/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2018, 01:51:28 PM »

Firearms expert.  ;/

paraphrasing the famous nazi quote about how if you want a gun join the hitler youth or wherhmacht ( s.i.c )

deadly force is deadly force.
we do not need to join the army to own rifles, we are already "the people" .... sir
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
Clearly we need to go back to muskets and grape shot, because those old timey type guns don't really hurt people.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »

A couple of hours ago I had a loooong telephone conversation with a non-shooter friend who must have seen this video clip. He said he knows how big a 9mm is (although he didn't), and he asked me how much bigger an AR-15 is. He was shocked (seriously, I'm not just using that as an expression) when I told him it's only .22 caliber. He had no idea -- he thought it was on a par with a .50 cal bullet.

Which, of course, is what the media wanted him to believe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2018, 04:16:51 PM »
A couple of hours ago I had a loooong telephone conversation with a non-shooter friend who must have seen this video clip. He said he knows how big a 9mm is (although he didn't), and he asked me how much bigger an AR-15 is. He was shocked (seriously, I'm not just using that as an expression) when I told him it's only .22 caliber. He had no idea -- he thought it was on a par with a .50 cal bullet.

Which, of course, is what the media wanted him to believe.

Better than some of the morons I've heard in the hallways... because you know the AR-15 uses a "556", which is like 60 times more powerful than just a "9" or even a "40", which is all the police need.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2018, 12:37:45 AM »
Better than some of the morons I've heard in the hallways... because you know the AR-15 uses a "556", which is like 60 times more powerful than just a "9" or even a "40", which is all the police need.

That makes no sense at all! I mean, obviously a 40 must be about 4-1/2 times more powerful than a 9.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2018, 12:50:23 AM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2018, 12:59:46 AM »

No. That's not real. That can't be real. It just can't. I can't have phase-shifted into another alternate reality again. Not again.

Of course it's real.  It even has the European-style mag release.

And, hey, converting from metric, that 556 is 21.9 inches.  Why, that would tear anything apart.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2018, 04:10:30 AM »
Clearly we need to go back to muskets and grape shot, because those old timey type guns don't really hurt people.

yup, if only they were serious about that assertion.
I would be fine carrying a black powder firearm in NYC.
please, let me carry the same kind of dueling pistols A Hamilton and A Burr had in NYC.
They would quickly back off from the assertion that the @A applies only to muskets
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2018, 08:38:37 AM »
Well, I'm disappointed to say that Condoleezza Rice is now on the bandwagon. Too much time at Stanford must have gotten to her.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/25/condoleezza-rice-says-us-needs-to-consider-second-amendments-place-in-modern-world.html