Author Topic: The Gun Control Bandwagon  (Read 77055 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Gun Control Bandwagon
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »
:facepalm: Just get an M1A.....   :angel:
Those only take 5 round clips. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2018, 09:47:04 AM »
Florida senate rejects assault weapon ban, votes to arm teachers, raise age for purchase of firearms to 21, and ban bump stocks.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/florida-senate-rejects-ban-assault-weapons-votes-arm-154226849.html
At least some people have some sense. 

However, it would be nice if people would realize that we don't need to arm teachers, we just need to stop disarming them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »
Those only take 5 round clips. 

Funny.   Mine can take 5 rnd., 10 rnd., 20 rnd., or 30 rnd. magazines.   Yours must be an oddball.  :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »

Funny.   Mine can take 5 rnd., 10 rnd., 20 rnd., or 30 rnd. magazines.   Yours must be an oddball.  :lol:
I said "clips".  I have never seen any clips but the 5 round stripper clips for the M14.     =)

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2018, 06:03:54 PM »
I said "clips".  I have never seen any clips but the 5 round stripper clips for the M14.     =)

Picky.   

I've never seen any clips for the M1A.   Yes mine has provision for the loading using them .... but I've  never seen them.
And anyway,  they're used to load the magazine ---- so THEY DON'T COUNT! >:D :police: =D =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2018, 06:15:50 PM »
Interesting video: https://youtu.be/8OeJ-8v472A

Curiously, the link was sent to me by my good friend, Rand Paul. I guess in my dotage my memory must be failing, because I can't recall ever having met Mr. Paul. Nonetheless, he says I'm his good friend, so who am I to doubt him.

But it's an interesting video nonetheless.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2018, 06:53:31 PM »
I always use clips to load my M1A.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2018, 07:11:21 PM »

I hope that isn't what you are putting in your M1A, if it is we need to talk.  ;)

bob

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2018, 07:16:34 PM »

You lucky devil you!  You have an M1A  that takes 5.56mm. .[popcorn]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2018, 07:37:46 PM »
Blame gunbroker. That was the first pic that popped up for 7.62 battle packs :P

Fake news.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »
I still have some old surplus 308 ammo that came in bandoliers with 5 round stripper clips loaded.  The bandoliers were packed in ammo cans.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
I guess that picture didn't want to work.  =|

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2018, 11:27:03 PM »
I guess that picture didn't want to work.  =|

That one didnt, either. ;)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2018, 12:42:53 AM »
Shannon Watts - the Maxine Waters of the gun-ban lobby.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27873/bethany-mandel-hank-berrien
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2018, 08:01:55 AM »
Shannon Watts - the Maxine Waters of the gun-ban lobby.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27873/bethany-mandel-hank-berrien

Holy Carp! Did Sannon Watts really say this?

The problem with America right now is that people are making gun laws based on emotion, not data.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2018, 09:30:54 AM »
Holy Carp! Did Sannon Watts really say this?

Emotions based on facts! So it's alright.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2018, 10:10:18 AM »
NPR article on the "fraud" that is the Second Amendment.

The "fraud" term was used by Warren Burger. I actually didn't know much about him, but looking stuff up, it appears he was quite the proto-RINO. Or at least a country club conservative. Apparently Nixon got what was coming to him for appointing Warren, because it was a Warren ruling that expedited Nixon's exist.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/05/590920670/from-fraud-to-individual-right-where-does-the-supreme-court-stand-on-guns

MechAg94

• friend

Pb

• friend
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »

The "fraud" term was used by Warren Burger. I actually didn't know much about him, but looking stuff up, it appears he was quite the proto-RINO. Or at least a country club conservative. Apparently Nixon got what was coming to him for appointing Warren, because it was a Warren ruling that expedited Nixon's exist.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/05/590920670/from-fraud-to-individual-right-where-does-the-supreme-court-stand-on-guns

Nixon hated guns.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2018, 12:09:45 PM »

Even that article perpetuates a fraud;  that the 2A   was historically viewed as a "collective right."  According to Stephen Halbrook in his treatise "THAT EVERY MAN BE ARMED"  the concept of it being a collective right  dates back only to 1941,  due to a court case which itself was a misinterpretation of Constitutional Law.  Halbrook claims there is not ANY  evidence from the time of America's founding that the Founding Fathers  intended it to be  collective right.  Indeed, Mr. Halbrook contends that there is NO SUCH THING AS A COLLECTIVE RIGHT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
Nixon hated guns.

Well, he was a Quaker.  =)

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2018, 03:50:53 PM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/03/06/dude-even-some-libs-are-dragging-mother-jones-ari-berman-for-this-hot-gun-lobby-take/

I can't believe that besides the fact it's a gov ID, that none of the comments mentioned that it's relatively a burden to get, with a much more extensive review than any other state ID. I mean, you guys in TX still have to get printed, right?

If it were me, I'd just be making it clear to the knucklehead reporter and every sheep that reads him just how much background checking goes into a CCW. Because I'm pretty sure those people think you get one like you're buying a lottery ticket or something. If any of them had to jump through a tenth the hoops that someone does for a CCW (even in an "easy" state) they would be marching in the streets crying about the unfairness of it all.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2018, 04:18:29 PM »
If they keep chipping away at the Bill of Rights they'll need permits to be journalists.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »
If they keep chipping away at the Bill of Rights they'll need permits to be journalists.

I'm sure a lot of them would be fine with that. There, after all, ought to be some way of keeping every knuckle-dragging conservative from spreading his facts fake news micro-aggressions from every corner of the internet.