Author Topic: I canceled Hulu  (Read 1122 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I canceled Hulu
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:45:33 PM »
And I'm posting in the correct forum. I usually don't get into the whole boycott game, but this little brownshirt David Hogg harshed my mellow. Apparently he's gotten over 17 businesses to pull their ads from Laura Ingraham's show (which I don't watch, but that's not the point) all because she told him to stop whining about getting into college.

I couldn't do much about most of the businesses, since I don't use them (maybe Bayer aspirin) but I have been subscribed to Hulu until today. What I put in the "why are you leaving?" and "what can we do to be better?" boxes:

Because you caved to a snotty little brownshirt named David Hogg. When you learn how to separate business from mob politics, I'll consider resubscribing.

When you learn how to separate business from mob politics, I'll consider resubscribing. Ref: pulling your ads from TV shows because you think you're woke. You're not.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
Re: I canceled Hulu
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
Well said,  they need to hear it.  Wish I had that service so I could shitcan it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 12:00:00 AM »
Is there a list of companies that pulled adds?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:24:06 AM »
Is there a list of companies that pulled adds?

It seems to be ebbing and flowing, but this is the most current list I could find:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laura-ingraham-advertisers-drop-show-she-goes-on-vacation/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »
Meh, let 'em go. Given the show's popularity I'm sure there is a waiting list of companies who will gladly fill the gaps.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 09:49:10 AM »
Meh, let 'em go. Given the show's popularity I'm sure there is a waiting list of companies who will gladly fill the gaps.

Brad

Probably. One of the better quotes I heard went something like, "Whatever the issue, if you keep your corporate piehole shut, you retain 100% of your customers. If you open your corporate piehole, you will lose 50% of your customers."

Like I said, I normally ignore  either side of boycotts like this, but it seems pretty scary to me that a punk little brownshirt, in a matter of 24 hours, can have this many companies scrambling to avoid the mob, all over someone making an offhand comment that he was whining. And not whining about gun control, but about not getting into his preferred colleges.

On the other side of this, from what I understand, Laura Ingraham is a woman who is a cancer survivor (survivor!) who is also the single mother of three adopted minority (or from third world countries - I can't remember) children. On the face of it, she seems to be a 100% better person than David Hogg, whether he's "just a teenager" or not.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 09:52:42 AM »
Soooo. For those who don't use it....don't they have a free trial?

Subscribe to free trial. Unsubscribe before free trial is over, and make similar notations upon canceling. Bonus points if you don't cancel immediately, and burn as much of their bandwith during the free trial as humanly possible prior to canceling 😈

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
Soooo. For those who don't use it....don't they have a free trial?

Subscribe to free trial. Unsubscribe before free trial is over, and make similar notations upon canceling. Bonus points if you don't cancel immediately, and burn as much of their bandwith during the free trial as humanly possible prior to canceling 😈

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was actually thinking of doing this very thing; signing up for a free trial, if they have one, and when I cancel put in a note about why if that is an option.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic