Author Topic: Is the Governor of Missouri being railroaded?  (Read 4172 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Is the Governor of Missouri being railroaded?
« on: March 08, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »
If you haven't followed this, Missouri's new SEAL Team Governator was indicted for taking a photo of his former mistress in a compromising position  (felony invasion of privacy, apparently(?)). He admits the affair, but denies the blackmail-related stuff. It turns out the prosecution doesn't have the photo, which they were supposed to have, and there are a bunch of other questions being raised about the case.

Lt. Col. Dave Grossman wrote a piece about it.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/08/five-questions-on-the-eric-greitens-indictment-that-must-be-answered/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Is the Governor of Missouri being railroaded?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 08:47:39 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me. The left gleefully abuses the legal system to disqualify Republicans.

(And they don't really care if they are acting ethically or even legally in doing it: e.g. Illinois Senate Candidate Ryan, Alaskan Senator Stevens, Scooter Libby, inter alia)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me. The left gleefully abuses the legal system to disqualify Republicans.

(And they don't really care if they are acting ethically or even legally in doing it: e.g. Illinois Senate Candidate Ryan, Alaskan Senator Stevens, Scooter Libby, inter alia)

They're fighting fascism, so it's OK. Only white people Republicans can be racist break the law, because black people have no power Democrats are fighting for the little people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:31:31 AM »
This is one of those cases that make prosecutorial immunity look like a bad idea.  Using your official position and authority to do a political hit job during an election should be actionable both in civil and criminal court.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »
Taking the story at face value . . .

As soon as the prosecution said they had NO evidence, the judge should have summarily dismissed the case.

That he apparently DIDN'T, strongly suggests the judge has a political agenda himself.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain