Author Topic: CNN and Airports  (Read 3656 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CNN and Airports
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
Looks like CNN's airport monopoly may be in jeopardy. Even if you take the "bias politics" out of it, I can see why airports (even SFO) are looking at eliminating it. I  rarely watched it even before ubiquitous airport wireless. If I wasn't reading a book, I was people watching or doing something non-internety on my laptop. Nowadays, if I'm not reading on the Kindle, I might pull the phone out for my news, weather, flight schedules, or a million other things better than close-captioned news on a faraway TV screen I can barely see.

Maybe they can keep their TVs and just make a deal with the Weather Channel, or just run airport information on the TVs.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/23/how-cnn-airport-force-feeds-partisan-content-to-unsuspecting-travelers.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: CNN and Airports
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:25:36 PM »
Fox News: Fair & Balanced Reporting About How Our Competitors Are Evil   :lol:

Do airports typically provide Wi-Fi for travelers? That would be an easy way to please everybody, wouldn't it?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:34:45 PM »
Fox News: Fair & Balanced Reporting About How Our Competitors Are Evil   :lol:
Do airports typically provide Wi-Fi for travelers? That would be an easy way to please everybody, wouldn't it?

Open wifi. A big fat NOPE! on that one. Too many electronic snoopy-nasties around for me to trust it.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »
Open wifi. A big fat NOPE! on that one. Too many electronic snoopy-nasties around for me to trust it.

Brad

VPN or your phone hotspot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 08:28:19 PM »

Most provide WiFi these days, but my experience has been that many still charge -- a LOT -- for it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was free (but with ads) at Las Vegas McCarran when I went to the SHOT Show in January.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 08:29:50 PM »
Most provide WiFi these days, but my experience has been that many still charge -- a LOT -- for it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was free (but with ads) at Las Vegas McCarran when I went to the SHOT Show in January.

More and more are going to free with ads.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 01:27:28 AM »

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html

Somewhere I've got one install set up with basically zero protection except for the bit of getting me safely through whatever network I have to connect to.  Passwords and CC# saved in the browser, etc, but nothing on the local end is going to be able to get them unless it manages to crack tor's layers of encryption insanely quickly.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 04:34:55 PM »
Am I beginning to notice this in fast food franchises, too?

Nah. Must be just geriatric paranoia.  But I think I'll pay more active attention evermore.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:54:55 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.