Author Topic: Crap, here we go again - Active shooter at Youtube HQ?  (Read 6078 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Crap, here we go again - Active shooter at Youtube HQ?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2018, 11:16:04 PM »
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Suspect-in-You-Tube-Shooting-Posted-Rants-About-the-Company-Online--478711713.html

Her name, which I hope none will use here, sounds Mid-Eastern/South Asian. Ironically, she had a Meat is Murder sticker on her car, per the article.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2018, 11:49:20 PM »
So I guess there goes the domestic dispute angle?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 11:58:22 PM »
No deaths other than her own. Probably because she only shot $.70 in ammo for every dollar a man would have...
I promise not to duck.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2018, 12:08:08 AM »
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Suspect-in-You-Tube-Shooting-Posted-Rants-About-the-Company-Online--478711713.html

Her name, which I hope none will use here, sounds Mid-Eastern/South Asian. Ironically, she had a Meat is Murder sticker on her car, per the article.

She also had a youtube channel where she speaks Farsi.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2018, 12:26:05 AM »
She also had a youtube channel where she speaks Farsi.

Would that perhaps be what we might call a "clue"? She complained that traffic on her channel fell off because she was "filtered." Does anyone know what her videos were about? Was it all pro-vegan propaganda, or did she advocate for Islamist causes?

[Edit to add} I just saw part of her video manifesto. Right at the start she complains that they filtered her "Persian" channel. Persia, of course, is Iran. Her channel could have been Iranian vegan recipes, but it could also have been something else.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2018, 12:41:46 AM »
No deaths other than her own. Probably because she only shot $.70 in ammo for every dollar a man would have...

:O  :rofl:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »

I just saw part of her video manifesto. Right at the start she complains that they filtered her "Persian" channel. Persia, of course, is Iran. Her channel could have been Iranian vegan recipes, but it could also have been something else.

I took a look at her web site. She apparently had video channels in English, Turkish, and Farsi -- all about a vegan lifestyle, and music parodies. I guess no ties to terrorism, just your ordinary, garden variety nutter.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2018, 01:14:42 AM »
I always equate veganism as just another form of terrorism.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2018, 02:09:27 AM »
Would that perhaps be what we might call a "clue"?

She claimed to be Bahai.  Never mind that all the Bahai I've met made Hari Krishnas look like Barbary pirates by comparison.  About as peacefully non-attached as it gets.  Sneaking suspicion she was religion shopping and settled on that one for sounding socially-conscious enough to give the image she wanted.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 06:17:52 AM »
I just want to know how the NRA made her do it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »
38 years old, not exactly a teenie-bopper. Family came to the U.S. from Iran in 1996. Apparently her complaint was that Youtube had demonetized her channels and "ruined her life." So where are all the demonstrators complaining about how Youtube has blood on its hands?

I'd like to know:

• Did she obtain her gun legally and pass a backgroujnd check?
  • Was the Youtube campus a gun-free zone [well, obviously it wasn't, but was it supposed to be]?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 08:25:50 AM »
She must have used a handgun and everyone simply dodged the bullets...

Pet peeve.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 08:58:42 AM »
Pet peeve.

I'd be more peeved by people dodging my bullets like some kind of knock off Remo Williams.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
Her dad had called police to report possible violence against YouTube.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/04/youtube-shooter-reportedly-id-d-as-woman-with-vendetta-against-company.html

The authorities failed again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
Would that perhaps be what we might call a "clue"? She complained that traffic on her channel fell off because she was "filtered." Does anyone know what her videos were about? Was it all pro-vegan propaganda, or did she advocate for Islamist causes?

[Edit to add} I just saw part of her video manifesto. Right at the start she complains that they filtered her "Persian" channel. Persia, of course, is Iran. Her channel could have been Iranian vegan recipes, but it could also have been something else.
Does youtube block or restrict videos in Iran based on Govt censorship rules?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 10:29:07 AM »
So the cops talked to her on the morning before the shooting.  =|

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
So the cops talked to her on the morning before the shooting.  =|

I guess she forgot to mention her plans to go on a shooting spree.  That was inconsiderate. [tinfoil] :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 10:34:28 AM »
Always inform police before your cray-cray shooting spree.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »
I always equate veganism as just another form of terrorism.

You poor misguided soul, you just need to learn to embrace the tofu into your life.  =D

I was watching Fox News streaming on this shooting yesterday, and there was a supposed witness talking about hearing rapid fire gun shots and one woman outside the building being hit multiple times in quick succession and clearly dead as a result.  I wonder if he was making that up or what.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
As a side note and thread drift. I discovered a Youtube channel called "Facts."  (Yes, the period is important).  After ~3 years, it shut down the end the March 2018.  They posted one video of day of Irish 20-somethings trying various foods from around the world or watching American TV for the first time (lots of the crappy shows).   It was hilarious.  (The "Irish people try American BBQ" is probably the best one.)

They had over 1,000,000 Youtube subscribers, but once they were demonetized by Youtube, they shutdown.   Now, just because you have 1 million subscribers doesn't mean you can turn a profit, but if you can't even make money at that level, then the days of lots of content (at least better quality content) is just about over.  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »
I took a look at her web site. She apparently had video channels in English, Turkish, and Farsi -- all about a vegan lifestyle, and music parodies.

Not all. There was that one on risks of anal sex.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
Not all. There was that one on risks of anal sex.

From what I have read she wasn't a fan!!!!

Which leads to all kinds of speculation. Hmmmm, I never noticed before but speculate and spelunk  are almost similar.   =|

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »
Her dad had called police to report possible violence against YouTube.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/04/youtube-shooter-reportedly-id-d-as-woman-with-vendetta-against-company.html

Not according to the authorities. They claim that nothing was communicated to them to suggest a threat.

I think we're seeing more buck-passing and doctoring of spin. There's a distinct possibility I have this wrong, but I have the impression that there were two calls made to the police by her family. First off was a routine missing person report. Then the Mountain View police called and said they had found her. So far, so good -- no threat evident, no threat reported.

But ... then her brother engaged his brain, Googled Mountain View, and realized she was only 30 miles from Youtube headquarters -- and he knew she had a beef with Youtube. So, supposedly, he called the police a second time to warn them that she was in that area and that she might so "something." Obviously, he had no specifics of what she might do or exactly when she might do it, so the police can innocently say they received no "actionable" warning.

Which translates, in my mind to:

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 07:39:01 PM »
Not according to the authorities. They claim that nothing was communicated to them to suggest a threat.

I think we're seeing more buck-passing and doctoring of spin. There's a distinct possibility I have this wrong, but I have the impression that there were two calls made to the police by her family. First off was a routine missing person report. Then the Mountain View police called and said they had found her. So far, so good -- no threat evident, no threat reported.

But ... then her brother engaged his brain, Googled Mountain View, and realized she was only 30 miles from Youtube headquarters -- and he knew she had a beef with Youtube. So, supposedly, he called the police a second time to warn them that she was in that area and that she might so "something." Obviously, he had no specifics of what she might do or exactly when she might do it, so the police can innocently say they received no "actionable" warning.

Which translates, in my mind to:

Legally speaking, what can they do?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic