Author Topic: Crap, here we go again - Active shooter at Youtube HQ?  (Read 6077 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Crap, here we go again - Active shooter at Youtube HQ?
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2018, 08:26:54 PM »
Legally speaking, what can they do?
What is so hard to understand?  You act like the real world doesn’t work just like TV shows or something.  This is the US, not some sort of backward constitutional republic with rights and limits on governmental power.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »
Obviously, he had no specifics of what she might do or exactly when she might do it, so the police can innocently say they received no "actionable" warning.

Which translates, in my mind to:

The authorities failed again.

I think your logic failed you.

The cops had no probably cause so they didn't act.  That is a failure to you?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
I think your logic failed you.

The cops had no probably cause so they didn't act.  That is a failure to you?

My logic hasn't failed me. I'm getting two versions of what the second call actually said. The family says they warned the police that she had a beef with Youtube and that she might do "something." The police could not have arrested her based on that, but they certainly could have contacted Youtube and given them a heads up to be alert, and perhaps increase security. But the police are saying that the family didn't provide any warning that she might do something.

Who are we to believe? Personally, I don't believe the police when it's a situation where they have reasons to cover their tracks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »
I thought in California they could act on a simple gut feeling tip to confiscate a persons firearms.

http://krcrtv.com/archive/california-gun-confiscation-law-takes-effect-jan-1-1

Maybe it didn't fit the mold but sure looks like the "authorities" failed to act.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2018, 10:04:12 PM »
Legally speaking, what can they do?

Well, she was sleeping in a car in a public place.  Were there no vagrancy laws they could use to haul her in for the night, and see if she says something useful during that process?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2018, 10:19:18 PM »
Well, she was sleeping in a car in a public place.  Were there no vagrancy laws they could use to haul her in for the night, and see if she says something useful during that process?
Yeah!  Why do we issue crystal balls to cops if they're not even going to use them?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »
Yeah!  Why do we issue crystal balls to cops if they're not even going to use them?

:laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Pb

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »
Of course you can buy an ar-15 in California.

It just has to look retarded:

Note, there is nothing at all stopping a person intent on mass murder from merely swapping a few parts on their stupid looking ar-15 with a magazine lock and making one that looks like it should, and fully functional with a detachable magazine.  Anyone with a brain could do it.

The law accomplishes literally nothing except to harrass the law-abiding it is so easy to bypass.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »
Even this one passes as "featureless" in CA, so all you need to do is make a 30rnd mag on your 3D printer:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2018, 11:12:44 AM »
And this is how the left is going to spin it. https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/59j5za/californias-gun-laws-may-have-saved-lives-at-youtube

“The fact that this one got through. It’s unfortunate,” said Zeoli. “But it doesn’t mean that the laws are bad or not working.”

If it doesn't mean the laws aren't working, why didn't they work? We are continually told that "just one more" law WILL prevent these incidents,then we get an incident in a place that has all those laws and we find that, just as the pro-gun side predicted, the law didn't prvent what "they" promised us it would prevent.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
OK, we have to ban magazines now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2018, 07:38:41 PM »
Can’t wait to see how California gun grabbers try to prevent this from happening again.

Coming soon, to a California near you -- "bullet buttons" for handguns.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »
Single shot, single use handguns. Only allowed 1 per month.
Must be returned to a qualified and California certified licensed gunsmith to reload. Of course that would also include the mandatory waiting period to redeem after getting reloaded.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams