Author Topic: De Blasio aide arrested on gun charge  (Read 1034 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
De Blasio aide arrested on gun charge
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
https://nypost.com/2018/04/08/director-of-citys-office-of-criminal-justice-busted-for-gun-possession/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Reagan Stevens, a deputy director in the Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice, and two young men were arrested for illegal weapons possession while sitting in a double-parked car near the scene of a Saturday night shooting in Queens, cops said.

A loaded, 9mm semi-automatic pistol with its serial number defaced was hidden in the car’s glovebox, and there was a spent shell casing on the floor near Stevens’ feet in the rear of the 2002 dark red Infiniti SUV, law enforcement sources said.

The trio’s arrest followed a burst of five gunshots that activated an NYPD “ShotSpotter” device in Jamaica at 9:42 p.m. Saturday, sources said.

Wasn't there a story like this just a couple of weeks ago? Another Democrat politician or aide allegedly involved in "gun violence"?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: De Blasio aide arrested on gun charge
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
The sealed prior arrests are interesting. Also I see she was released on her own recognizance. Good luck for anyone else with a "ghost gun" getting that treatment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:36:20 PM »
https://nypost.com/2018/04/08/director-of-citys-office-of-criminal-justice-busted-for-gun-possession/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Wasn't there a story like this just a couple of weeks ago? Another Democrat politician or aide allegedly involved in "gun violence"?

Al Sharpton's half-brother is charged with capital murder in Alabama after shooting a woman in a dispute.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:32:33 PM »

It was a Democrat in California who had been a vocal anti-gunner who was recently convicted for gun trafficking.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »
Al Sharpton's half-brother is charged with capital murder in Alabama after shooting a woman in a dispute.

That's the one.

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=57051.0
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »
The sealed prior arrests are interesting. Also I see she was released on her own recognizance. Good luck for anyone else with a "ghost gun" getting that treatment.

Not a "ghost gun" per se, but the serial number "removed".  IIRC, isn't that a big, federal, ATF-and-FBI-want-to-talk-to-you NO-NO that will get you sent to FPMITA prison ??  And she walked out on her own recognizance ??  WTF, over ??   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
Not a "ghost gun" per se, but the serial number "removed".  IIRC, isn't that a big, federal, ATF-and-FBI-want-to-talk-to-you NO-NO that will get you sent to FPMITA prison ??  And she walked out on her own recognizance ??  WTF, over ??   

Not her gun.  (allegedly)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »
Stevens, 42, and the two men — who cops say also had knives on them — were awaiting arraignment Sunday night in Queens Criminal Court, where her mom, Deborah Stevens Modica, has been a judge since her appointment in 1997.

Her stepdad, Salvatore Modica, is an acting Queens Supreme Court justice. They both declined to comment.
I would say her family may have a few connections. 

Most of us would still be in jail if caught on video firing shots from a car.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
I have a fantasy wherein the "little people" get fed up with our "betters" having a different standard of justice than those they rule.
It plays out a little like the French Revolution but with a little less bloodshed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 05:27:50 PM »
I have a fantasy wherein the "little people" get fed up with our "betters" having a different standard of justice than those they rule.
It plays out a little like the French Revolution but with a little less bloodshed.

I'm thinking much more gruesome and much more bloodshed would stick in their memories a bit longer though.  You know just in case in a few decades they want to forget what happened last time the little people were fed up. ;)

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 12:41:34 AM »

Right, then. Dehydrate them before beheading them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design