Author Topic: 32 Life Hacks for People who don’t Care about Moral Values  (Read 1687 times)

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: 32 Life Hacks for People who don’t Care about Moral Values
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:41:02 PM »
I need to up my game, I have only done a few of those!!!  >:D

bob

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:45:34 PM »
18 is hilarious, 19 doesn't work anymore since they changed their policies, and 27 can get your ass beat.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 03:56:18 AM »
#33 - courtesy of my cheap *expletive deleted*it brother. Need a large wrench for one job? Buy it from Sears, do the job, take the wrench back the next day and say you don't need it.

(Speaking of not caring about moral values.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:26:51 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:17:47 AM »
Best place to bury a body? In a cemetery where someone has just been buried. Ground is already disturbed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:57 AM »
I have often said that if I was homeless in Seattle, I would feed myself via # 26.  The hotels are always having conventions.  Dress nicely, wear one of those 'My Name Is' labels, and go through the buffet line.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
Okay, I have to admit, the very first time I went to Hawaii, my girlfriend at the time told everyone we were on our honeymoon. I was like, "WTF?" until I saw the free food and drinks and stuff coming our way.  =D

I have often said that if I was homeless in Seattle, I would feed myself via # 26.  The hotels are always having conventions.  Dress nicely, wear one of those 'My Name Is' labels, and go through the buffet line.

Funny, the only hotels I have ever seen them ask for proof to get in the breakfast buffet line were the Best Westerns in Mammoth and in Florence, OR. I never once stayed there without them asking for the ticket they gave me at check-in. Pretty much everywhere else was, "come and get it!"  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »
Along the lines of #26, when I was stationed at Moffett Field from the late 70s to the early 90s I knew the location and usually menu of every bar within 30 minutes travel that had free food for happy hour. Go in, buy a cheap draft and eat till I was full. I became quite the connoisseur of mini-tacos. ;)

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »
#28 - rather than torrenting textbooks . . . when I was in college (pre-Internet) some of us discovered photocopying was MUCH cheaper than buying.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 11:59:25 PM »
In college, we used to get a prior edition of whatever textbook was being "required".   We'd go the book store (where they had new and used books) and grab the newest edition and then compare the pages to prior editions.  Generally, they'd be off by a page or three.  I mean seriously, have there been any major radical developments in Algebra, basic Economics, Geography, etc in pretty much forever?  Most updates in textbooks were simply more/less/different pictures, adding/deleting a sentence or paragraph.  The rarely re-write an entire textbook.  That would mean work, and why work when you can gouge the next set of students for $400-$500 for a new textbook.

We'd flip through and discover that Chapter 8 started on page 382 in the 31st Edition, but page 384 in the latest and greatest 32nd edition.  We even look to see how close the 30th Edition was.  Simply because pricing was a follows:
Latest and Greatest Edition:  Arm, Leg and a Small Child  
Prior Edition: $100
The one before that: $5

That was a lot of beer money we could save.

I do distinctly remember them asking $512 for the 32nd edition of a textbook.   :O ;/  I bought the 30th Edition for $5.  We would then take brown paper grocery bags and make covers to camouflage the older books, so the profs were none the wiser.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:34:39 AM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 01:34:33 AM »
I have often said that if I was homeless in Seattle, I would feed myself via # 26.  The hotels are always having conventions.  Dress nicely, wear one of those 'My Name Is' labels, and go through the buffet line.

My maternal (step)grandfather would do things like that after grandma passed and he retired from Western electric.
He was spending quite a bit of time at various RV parks attached to vacation resorts. He'd dress up in his nice business suits and crash conventions/luncheons being held there.  He said he usually managed to hit 3-4 a month.
He was quite the character.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
I'd buy the past edition on Amazon for dirt cheap

Then the textbook companies got wise and started using software keys and getting profs to have their classes use the software in the classes
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!