Author Topic: It's All In the Spin  (Read 572 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
It's All In the Spin
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »
Again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/18/trumps-us-trade-rep-spends-more-than-900000-on-office-renovations.html?recirc=taboolainternal

Lamestream media tries to portray Trump's US Trade Representative as a spendthrift, reporting an expenditure of $912,278.48 on office renovations. Considering some of Trump's other appointees, one might almost believe this. Unless you read the details.

It turns out, this money didn't go to redecorating his office. He actually only spent $5,189 on himself. The big money went to renovate two entire buildings where the staff work, and to replace furniture that was 20 years old. Knowing what decent, office-grade furniture costs, being able to renovate and refurnish two buildings for under a million bucks is not wasteful.

And the agency notes that this was a project set in motion under Obama. And, since I know plans for renovating an entire office don't get drawn up overnight on the back of an envelope, I find that to be entirely logical.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: It's All In the Spin
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »
*expletive deleted*it we had to beg and steal for two years to have new office chairs added on the budget.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: It's All In the Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:00:38 PM »
Because it worked against other Trump appointees. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.