Author Topic: Mcrowave Scrambled Eggs  (Read 2357 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Mcrowave Scrambled Eggs
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
So yesterday, on my way to the VRB where I'm staying, the lady that owns it calls me and to check in and tells me, "There's no stores close by, so bbe sure to stop at a grocery store so you have food to cook." So, cool - I wasn't sure if she actually had a cooktop or not, so that seemed to confirm it, so I stopped to buy eggs and sausage and stuff for breakfast, got to the rental, aaaaaand, no stove.

So I looked up "How to cook eggs in the microwave" as I'd never thought of doing that, and darned if it isn't easy and gives really good results!

Put the egg in a bowl, scramble them up, then zap on high for 30 seconds. Take them out, stir them around, then zap another 30 seconds, take out, stir a little more and depending on your microwave, you're eoother done or can give them another 15 seconds or so. Though mine seemed to continue to cook a little after I pulled them out the second time. I put some grated cheese in during the second zap. I then zapped some sliced up sausage and added that to make a half-assed scramble.

It all came out really good and I think was done way faster than in the cast iron. I'll always do my regular scrambles in the cast iron or caron steel, but for quick workarounds, I'm remembering this.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Mcrowave Scrambled Eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:53:05 PM »
If you add a little milk  it makes them better when nuked.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:30:02 PM »
If you add a little milk  it makes them better when nuked.

Thanks. I have some powdered milk I brought for my coffee. I'll make a little milk tomorrow morning and try that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »
I haven't tried them but I saw some bolws is the freezer section that had meat and veggies in that you just added a beat egg to and microwave.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG