Author Topic: Home-schooling PSA  (Read 704 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Home-schooling PSA
« on: April 23, 2018, 02:07:39 PM »
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/04/23/doh-katie-pavlich-thanks-jessica-valenti-for-the-accidental-psa-on-homeschooling-and-shell-hate-it/

Why does this feel like it’s more for you than the good of your kids
Good question.

And, FWIW, I don't find the language confusing. I find it offensive and self-contradictory.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Home-schooling PSA
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »
Every day, another confirmation that homeschooling my children is the way to go...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »
Comment from @kglarson:

Wow. How ridiculous. Kids don’t understand math, science, history, or grammar when they graduate, yet you’ll drill this nonsense into their head before they even understand what “romance” is.

That's the plan. Indoctrinate them young, so they'll grow up accepting it as normal rather than an aberration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would be living in an America where the most visible portion of our culture; education, churches, government and corporate, would be demanding that I treat mental illness as normal.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:06:28 PM »
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would be living in an America where the most visible portion of our culture; education, churches, government and corporate, would be demanding that I treat mental illness as normal.

If only people had warned about this stuff.

Something something slippery slope "fallacy"...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:18:06 PM »
If only people had warned about this stuff.

Something something slippery slope "fallacy"...

To re-re-repeat myself, I predicted that Obergefell would be the slippery cliff.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »
Many though it was a bluff.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.