Author Topic: If Ursula's Baby Daddy...  (Read 848 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
If Ursula's Baby Daddy...
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »
...has type A blood...

An actual question question on a High School homework assignment. Free advertising for home schooling I guess.

The multiple choice question reportedly read, "Ursula was devastated when her boyfriend broke up with her after having sex. To get revenge, she had sex with his best friend the next day. Ursula had a beautiful baby girl nine months later. Ursula has type O blood, her ex-boyfriend has AB blood and his best friend is type A blood. If her baby daddy is her ex-boyfriend what could the possible blood type(s) of her baby NOT be."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/27/florida-dad-outraged-by-sexually-explicit-question-on-teens-homework-assignment.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
Re: If Ursula's Baby Daddy...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:46:12 AM »
SWMBO is O+.  We got the kids a blood type test one year.  I went first.  Apparently I'm also O+.  All the kids were too.  Would've been... awkward otherwise.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:40:04 AM »
My very first job after chemistry school was working at the Fred Hutchinson cancer research center on the bone marrow transplant unit.  There are very elaborate tests to determine if a bone marrow donor is an appropriate match for a recipient, and you always look for a compatible donor first amongst the immediate family.  We had one case in which a child needed a donor and the results of the testing demonstrated that two out of the four children had a different father, unbeknownst to the husband/father of the family, and the mother begged the oncology team to not reveal that to the father.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »
Oops!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design