Author Topic: The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.  (Read 9505 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:58:58 PM »
https://www.chronicle.com/article/he-makes-a-joke-she-isn-t/243350

A simple lingerie joke unhinges a woman. Outrage ensues!

I actually approve of her doing this as the more she and others like her, as Bill Maher said recently, "bark at nothing" the more people tune them out on every issue.

So keep it up, idiots!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 03:02:11 PM »
https://www.chronicle.com/article/he-makes-a-joke-she-isn-t/243350

A simple lingerie joke unhinges a woman. Outrage ensues!

I actually approve of her doing this as the more she and others like her, as Bill Maher said recently, "bark at nothing" the more people tune them out on every issue.

So keep it up, idiots!

It's related to why everything is "white supremacy" now.

The morons on the left called EVERYTHING racist to the point it became a joke. So, instead of realizing they went to far, NOW they have to ratchet everything up to "White Supremacy."

That's quickly becoming a joke as well.

It's as if all those articles about the dangers of "Crying wolf!" over John McCain and Romney were disingenuous...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 03:25:19 PM »
It's related to why everything is "white supremacy" now.

The morons on the left called EVERYTHING racist to the point it became a joke. So, instead of realizing they went to far, NOW they have to ratchet everything up to "White Supremacy."

That's quickly becoming a joke as well.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 03:44:08 PM »

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:03:12 PM »
I need Mark A. Boyer's e-mail address, so I can tell him personally what an idiot he is.

[Edit to add] And I found one. My message to him:

Dear Mr. Boyer:

I just read a hilarious article about your organization, in which your name was mentioned. https://www.chronicle.com/article/he-makes-a-joke-she-isn-t/243350

I am curious: How does it feel to be instantly elevated to international renown -- as a twit? Seriously, I absolutely cannot believe you and your association took Ms. Sharoni's complaint as anything other than what it obviously was -- another whinging cry by someone who clearly spends too much time looking for excuses to feel offended. I notice that your organization is headquartered in Connecticut, where I grew up. Professor Lebow is from England, yet I recall when it was entirely commonplace to make such jokes in elevators all over Connecticut. And nobody was offended. But ... that harks back to a more civilized time, when being offended wasn't a profession and a career choice.

You and your organization owe Professor Lebow an apology.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:01:27 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 05:00:56 PM »
Oh, my. The snowflakes are spreading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5697599/Santander-customer-threatened-having-account-shut-curry-conversation.html?mrn_rm=rta-fallback

Banco Santandar is a Spanish holding company. They're buying or opening banks all over the globe.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 05:14:15 PM »
Somebody doesn't like Sarah Leigh.

----------------------------------------

I'm starting to think we need to institute a draft in this country, not necessarily to teach military skills but to put young folks through a boot camp where they are yelled at constantly and forced to deal with problems while learning that somethings just don't matter in the bigger scheme of life.

Break people of this need to complain about everything that comes along.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »
I was wondering briefly is this was a sexual harassment complaint or if she thought he was identifying her as the elevator operator in some strange racial complaint. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »
Oh, my. The snowflakes are spreading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5697599/Santander-customer-threatened-having-account-shut-curry-conversation.html?mrn_rm=rta-fallback

Banco Santandar is a Spanish holding company. They're buying or opening banks all over the globe.

It's worth noting that when she mentioned that the waterways were turning yellow from all the curry, that wasn't hyperbole.  There's a picture of a yellow creek.  The bank employee was offended by a factual comment.  I would be demanding an apology from the bank for fact shaming.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »
For that matter, are there still multi-story large department stores out there?  I think I have seen that sort of scene in a movie, but have never visited that sort of store.  They certainly don't have operators anymore.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
It's worth noting that when she mentioned that the waterways were turning yellow from all the curry, that wasn't hyperbole.  There's a picture of a yellow creek.  The bank employee was offended by a factual comment.  I would be demanding an apology from the bank for fact shaming.
I wonder what someone is dumping in the ditch to turn it yellow.  I really doubt that is from spices. 

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »
I was just informed by my youngest daughter that "bull dyke" a term to describe a certain type of lesbian is rude and not to be used.

In my younger days I was in a role-playing gaming group with a bull dyke and she insisted on the term. In fact in the town she lived there was a bar especially for them. They liked the term.

But now it's rude. I guess the jig is up.  

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
Why is she kink shaming him for wanting to pick himself up some hot little knickers?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 01:04:22 AM »
For that matter, are there still multi-story large department stores out there?  I think I have seen that sort of scene in a movie, but have never visited that sort of store.  They certainly don't have operators anymore.  

I'm in my mid-70s. I'm old enough to remember such stores ... when they still had elevator operators.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 01:07:13 AM »
...and she looks exactly like one of the two flavors of ‘gender studies professor’ that you’d expect- either an aging boomer new ager with a short haircut who looks like she’s into yoga and healing crystal dildos, or a millenial ham planet with outrageously died hair, and 15 facial piercings...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 02:34:07 AM »
I always thought "gender studies" was covered in Biology 101.

"Gender. There are two: male and female."

Done.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 08:27:18 AM »

Done.
The left can't handle binary sets.  If there is no grey area to exploit, then they will invent one.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 08:31:31 AM »

Done.

No, "Gender studies" is covered in language, and there are three (for most languages): Masculine, Feminine, and Neuter.

WORDS have gender, people have sex.

Sex is covered in Biology:

"Sex: there are two: Male and Female."

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 08:50:43 AM »
No, "Gender studies" is covered in language, and there are three (for most languages): Masculine, Feminine, and Neuter.

Heretic! Burn thee! How dare you give in and enable the left you puppet!

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 09:32:22 AM »

I enjoy pedantry and obscurantism as much as the next nerd, but "gender" is a word that is being, and should be, repurposed. Not to invent non-binary garbage, but to eliminate the confusion about whether we're talking about having sex, or having sex.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »

I enjoy pedantry and obscurantism as much as the next nerd, but "gender" is a word that is being, and should be, repurposed. Not to invent non-binary garbage, but to eliminate the confusion about whether we're talking about having sex, or having sex.

... so that we can get confused about whether we're talking about a creature's sex or about the non-binary garbage? (e.g. "misgendering" and other nonsense.)

No. Sex is already a noun and a verb, like many other words. Any confusion will merely be moved from one word to another.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »
"WORDS have gender, people have sex."

That's far too simplistic and black/white a stance, and it ignores a long history of gender being used interchangeably with sex. It's most prominent usage in terms of sexual orientation is in the term "gender roles," or the set of societal norms usually associated with either men or women.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
"WORDS have gender, people have sex."

That's far too simplistic and black/white a stance, and it ignores a long history of gender being used interchangeably with sex. It's most prominent usage in terms of sexual orientation is in the term "gender roles," or the set of societal norms usually associated with either men or women.

But by that argument, would not "gender roles"  fall under the same definition of gender as opposed to sex as used above? If someone whose biological sex is male, yet they identify and live as a female, regardless of what anyone else may think of the subject of being transgendered, then their "gender role" would fall under the female category of your argument.

And regardless of sex vs gender, even excluding the fringe freaky folks and extremists, gender roles as they have been traditionally viewed are becoming less and less a part of our society and culture and have been for a long time.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »
"But by that argument, would not "gender roles"  fall under the same definition of gender as opposed to sex as used above?"

No. Because Sex Roles and Gender Roles are terms that have been, and still are, used interchangeably, and mean the same thing.

Although because of the rampant snowflakism the term sex roles is probably now hater mchating hate speech. Not to mention the concept of gender roles in general...

" If someone whose biological sex is male, yet they identify and live as a female, regardless of what anyone else may think of the subject of being transgendered, then their "gender role" would fall under the female category of your argument."

The problem with your argument is that you're looking at how things are changing NOW. I'm saying that historically gender and sex had been used interchangeably, and both were understood to differentiate between those of the elephant and castle class vs the utero class.

Obviously in today's current usage both terms break down because of the... well, I was going to say fluid definitions of sex/gender, but I'm just going to say because of the rampant fuckstickery in which we now have about 7 billion "defined" genders/sexes, but if you actually SAY that there are about 7 billion "defined" genders/sexes you're a horrible, horrible cis normative hater/ahole because you're attempting to slot people in concretely defined terms.

It's a mad house.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 12:01:01 PM »
There are males and females, everything else is a mental illness.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.