Author Topic: The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.  (Read 9538 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: The Ongoing March of the Snowflakes.
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2018, 04:53:17 PM »
SJWs can't earn victim points by ignoring things.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »
Well, if you were to ask my opinion of him, he seems a bit dense.  If you are going to go to the trouble of making an apology, just make the dang apology.  No opinion or commentary are needed.  

Kind of the same way you don't talk yourself into a ticket if you get pulled over by the police.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »
It's not rocket science. It's common *expletive deleted*ing sense. A 20 something in an elevator full of 60 year olds might want to avoid dead baby jokes or lot's of cussing. An elevator full of old guys with one younger female should probably avoid a joke she won't get about woman's panties.

Why am I responsible for for the literacy level of another person?
If a person is so insular that they must take umbrage at anything they don't understand or "understand wrongly" why is the onus on me?
It wasn't all that long ago that this was a big deal.
http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/04/dc.word.flap/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »

On the other hand, once we all get back to accepting that we're the sex we're born as* (or the gender, which should be the same thing), then we can stop being confused.

You are intentionally excluding people who never accepted the sex/gender to/in which they were born. Hater!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »
Whilst I am generally inclined to agree, it's a mental illness that isn't hurting anyone. So I'm really not inclined to care anymore if Matthew wants to be Miranda.

What if Matthew didn't want to be Miranda until one (or both) of his/hers/its parental units started telling him/her/it that he/she/it should feel "trapped" in constricting gender concepts created by outsiders who "didn't understand."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22:54 PM »
back to the op...

I wouldn't have gotten the joke and so I would have been confused, uncomfortable and probably a bit offended by it.  =|

Do I think he should be railroaded over it? No, but I do get why the woman was upset. When your joke reference is older than the woman you're telling it too, you should probably avoid talking about woman's underwear.

Judging by her photo, I seriously doubt the joke is older than she is.

It would be hilariously ironic if he were to claim that he's a cross dresser and that he often shops in the ladies' lingerie department. That would instantly put her in the wrong, for stereotyping and for intolerance just for starters.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2018, 05:30:08 PM »

Academia, what else can you say?

Academia rhymes with Macadamia, which is a type of nut, right?

'Nuff said.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2018, 09:27:50 PM »
back to the op...

I wouldn't have gotten the joke and so I would have been confused, uncomfortable and probably a bit offended by it.  =|

Do I think he should be railroaded over it? No, but I do get why the woman was upset. When your joke reference is older than the woman you're telling it too, you should probably avoid talking about woman's underwear.

Uncomfortable by what? A guy being asked to be let off at the lingerie department? If you don't understand that he is making a joke then what is to get uncomfortable about? Also; going off of their pictures, she looks to be a bit older than him

Do you have a wide stance?

:rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
ARE YOU IDIOTS *expletive deleted*ing KIDDING ME!?!?!

Uncomfortable? Yes. It's *expletive deleted*ing uncomfortable and upsetting to be in enclosed space with a bunch of men that you don't know cracking what could be, for all you know, a very crude joke.

It's creepy. It's scary. It's disturbing.

I'm telling you this. I'm telling you right now (and I hope to god you idiots who have females in your life's who you care about pay attention) that I would have been very upset if it had happened to me.
It may have been a perfectly innocent joke and may have been intended in a perfectly innocent manner, but if you aren't in the loop and you don't get what's going on it, yeah, it's *expletive deleted*ing disturbing.

Just because the bitch in the story handled the situation wrong, it doesn't change the fact that being confused, surrounded by strange men who are laughing about woman's underwear in an enclosed space is going to set off ANY woman's creepy meter.

For the record, I would have gone into instant alert mode and braced myself for a fight.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »
ARE YOU IDIOTS *expletive deleted*ing KIDDING ME!?!?!

Uncomfortable? Yes. It's *expletive deleted*ing uncomfortable and upsetting to be in enclosed space with a bunch of men that you don't know cracking what could be, for all you know, a very crude joke.

It's creepy. It's scary. It's disturbing.

I'm telling you this. I'm telling you right now (and I hope to god you idiots who have females in your life's who you care about pay attention) that I would have been very upset if it had happened to me.
It may have been a perfectly innocent joke and may have been intended in a perfectly innocent manner, but if you aren't in the loop and you don't get what's going on it, yeah, it's *expletive deleted*ing disturbing.

Just because the bitch in the story handled the situation wrong, it doesn't change the fact that being confused, surrounded by strange men who are laughing about woman's underwear in an enclosed space is going to set off ANY woman's creepy meter.

For the record, I would have gone into instant alert mode and braced myself for a fight.

You can't tell the difference between a group of men laughing at a joke and the same group laughing at you?

A bunch of OLDER, strange men telling a joke you didn't get would set off your flight or fight response?

And further, you don't think that's an overreaction?

(I should note, I'm not attacking, as it may come off that way. I'm asking these questions because I'm trying to understand what the reasoning behind this is.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »
You can't tell the difference between a group of men laughing at a joke and the same group laughing at you?

A bunch of OLDER, strange men telling a joke you didn't get would set off your flight or fight response?

And further, you don't think that's an overreaction?

Could you tell what they were laughing at? Really?

Bunch of old biddies crack a joke you don't get and start laughing, do you know if they're laughing at you or the joke you didn't get? You know, with absolute certainty, that a pinch on the behind isn't coming next?

If you don't get what I'm saying, fine. These things are usually different for guys, but don't dismiss it. Don't you dare *expletive deleted*ing dismiss it. In fact, it's dismissing stuff like this that lead to the SJW overreactions in the first place.

It's creepy when this stuff happens. It's upsetting. It should be handled in an immediate fashion, with the woman able to say "I don't get it and you're creeping me out a little." and the man explaining and offering an apology for the accident.
But since guys (apparently all the ones on this board included) can't understand and won't listen, I guess that means the SJW's overreaction isn't an over reaction after all.  :mad:

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »
Don't you dare *expletive deleted*ing dismiss it. 

Implied threats are not helpful.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »
Sometimes when returning a piece of clothing for my wife or young daughters and I'm asked why I am returning it I'll reply that it didn't fit me.  I guess I've been permanently scarring people without knowing it.

It's not rocket science. It's common *expletive deleted*ing sense. A 20 something in an elevator full of 60 year olds might want to avoid dead baby jokes or lot's of cussing. An elevator full of old guys with one younger female should probably avoid a joke she won't get about woman's panties.
She was every bit his peer in age.  This isn't a case of a bunch of creepy old men telling an obscure joke that some sixteen year old naïf couldn't possibly comprehend.

Of course, I remember watching reruns of Are You Being Served?, so maybe I'm unusually qualified to catch on to the humor.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »

Of course, I remember watching reruns of Are You Being Served?, so maybe I'm unusually qualified to catch on to the humor.

Mrs. Slocombe and Mr. Humphries have not aged well.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »
Implied threats are not helpful.
Neither is burrying your head in the sand.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »
Sometimes when returning a piece of clothing for my wife or young daughters and I'm asked why I am returning it I'll reply that it didn't fit me.  I guess I've been permanently scarring people without knowing it.
She was every bit his peer in age.  This isn't a case of a bunch of creepy old men telling an obscure joke that some sixteen year old naïf couldn't possibly comprehend.

No. Buts it's still an off color joke with an understandable offense taken.

A bit much on the offense o meter? And a self righteous sjw wanting blood for a small misstep? Absolutely. But the joke was still out of place. The dude shouldn't be crucified by any means. It was a stupid joke, it should have warranted a simple apology, and everyone being adults should've gone on with their life.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2018, 06:07:11 PM »
It's time to remember the dongle joke and all the problems that caused.

This is when I was finally awakened to just how out of control these people were.

I believe he got hired somewhere right away but she had a tougher time of it. As should happen to a snitch. Though his craven apology did his image no favors. 

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2018, 06:16:05 PM »
Off color?  How so?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »

Why is it an off color joke? Because someone recently decided it was? It has been an inoffensive bit of comedy for like 100 years. Bugs Bunny used it.

Part of this goes back to what RKL said about why should the onus be on me regarding someone's lack of knowledge about something? If someone makes a joke involving a tricorn hat, I'm not going to immediately be offended. They went out of style nearly 200 years before I was born, but I know what one is, and if I don't know the reference for the joke, that's on me.

If somebody says something involving bloomers should that be upsetting? How about we go to the modern world: If someone says, "Whatever blows your skirt up", to me, a man, should I file a grievance with someone? Or should I figure out what they mean? Or maybe default to "not offended" unless I learn the intent was otherwise?

http://allthetropes.wikia.com/wiki/Elevator_Floor_Announcement
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
Like I said, it's been blown way out of proportion in typical sjw fashion. But yes, making a joke about the women's undies department in the elevator with a woman, is a bit off color. Not Earth shattering. Not ZOMG you said what?! But yes, it's off color and a way to potentially offend a woman. Remember the good ol days when the reference may have actually still been pop culture, politeness also still dictated you probably shouldn't joke about women's undies on an elevator with a woman on board. It's a minor offense at the very best, but it's still off color.

Again, it should be a simple case of "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you" and everyone moving on with their lives. Not being a twit with her over the top reaction and political correctness stepping in to award her a shiny new sjw merrit badge.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »
How about the poor delicate little snowflakes harden the *expletive deleted*ck up a little?
Someone says something you find offensive put on your adult pants and tell them about it.
It's not like she would have been calling out a bunch of Hell's Angels.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2018, 07:55:09 PM »
Like I said, it's been blown way out of proportion in typical sjw fashion. But yes, making a joke about the women's undies department in the elevator with a woman, is a bit off color. Not Earth shattering. Not ZOMG you said what?! But yes, it's off color and a way to potentially offend a woman. Remember the good ol days when the reference may have actually still been pop culture, politeness also still dictated you probably shouldn't joke about women's undies on an elevator with a woman on board. It's a minor offense at the very best, but it's still off color.

Again, it should be a simple case of "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you" and everyone moving on with their lives. Not being a twit with her over the top reaction and political correctness stepping in to award her a shiny new sjw merit badge.

I don't think he was ever given a chance for a simple apology.  (she wouldn't get sjw points for that)  Typical clueless male (like me) who had no idea that anyone had -- or could have -- taken offense.

Perhaps he should have said he identifies as a woman on weekends so of course he wanted women's undies.  Accuse her of being trans-phobic or whatever their made-up term is.  Shoe, meet other foot (up your ass)

BTW, *all* jokes are offensive to someone if that someone tries hard enough.  Perhaps we should outlaw all humor.
"It's good, though..."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2018, 08:12:06 PM »
This thread put me in mind of the time the female branch manager where I worked made up a story about how I was using vulgar language loudly in the presence of women customers and clerks.  That manager had some mental issues, especially in making up *expletive deleted*it about the male sales people in the office.  Her accusation was BS and everyone in the branch knew it. 

When the regional guy came in and told me about the complaint I handed him a written memo signed off by several people in the branch that the manager had been inappropriately touching me and I wanted to make a charge of sexual harassment against her. (The manager used to walk up behind me at my desk and rub my shoulders.  Hey, I enjoyed it.)

Well the regional guys eyes about bugged out of his head and got up and left my desk.  He came back about a half hour later and said, "No problem.  Nothing is in writing and this never happened."  I said no, I wanted her to put her complaint in writing along with my memo and I wanted to go to HR in Dearborn with this.  I thought he was going to swallow his tongue.  I told him to keep my memo and to tell her he was keeping it and don't ever bother me again.  I never had a bit of trouble with that woman again.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2018, 09:19:36 PM »
Bunch of old biddies crack a joke you don't get and start laughing, do you know if they're laughing at you or the joke you didn't get? You know, with absolute certainty, that a pinch on the behind isn't coming next?

Would I even care? Why would I take offense to a joke that I don't get, or even a joke that I don't know is a joke but a simple request. No. And I certainly wouldn't all of a sudden feel like I'm about to be assaulted or anything.
If I'm in an elevator with a bunch of people speaking Japanese and they all of a sudden start laughing, I don't all of a sudden feel uncomfortable or have a freakout thinking they are about to attack me.
The automatic response should not be immediate offense or some sort of fight or flight response.

Again, it should be a simple case of "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you" and everyone moving on with their lives. Not being a twit with her over the top reaction and political correctness stepping in to award her a shiny new sjw merrit badge.

If only she had given him the opportunity to do that from the very beginning instead of doing nothing and then trying to get him fired.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
What you idiots don't get is that it's different when you're the only one who actually wears the underwear in question.

You want to know why this would creep me out?

Because this kind of thing happens often enough with the guys intentionally trying to creep the woman out.

It's happened to me. It's happened to every woman.

What you guys don't want to understand is that real sexism and real sexual harassment still happens often enough that it's hard to tell the difference a lot of the time.
And guess what? A lot of times the guy play it off like it's no big deal. That the woman is making a mountain out of a molehill. It's not, and we can tell, but when it happens, guys just like you, back the guy up. "Oh, it's no big deal."

It's passive aggressive BS that happens EVERY damn day. And, no, it's not cool. And, no, it's not acceptable. And, NO, it should not be just pushed under the rug and ignored.

If you don't want to be mistaken for a creep? Then don't do it. You want to not be a creep? Be aware and don't just stand by when other guys pull this crap.

You don't believe me? Fine, don't believe me. Welcome to being part of the problem and making the world a creepier place for your wives and daughters.