Author Topic: They do what they want to do and, if questioned, they just make up answers  (Read 1755 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
School boards lie. They do what they want to do and, if questioned, they just make up answers on the spot.

Our prescient Hawkmoon, foreshadowing THIS story (from the last one where Broward County School Board was lying):

http://news.wjct.org/post/stoneman-douglas-shooter-was-assigned-controversial-broward-discipline-program-officials-admit

For weeks, and now months, Broward County schools have insisted that the "Promise" program that purposely didn't punish criminal students had absolutely nothing to do the murderer at the school.

And now it is forced to admit that the murderer WAS assigned to that program... and that he didn't even complete it because the incompetents at the school didn't even make sure he reported for their foolish program.

The lying superintendent, who clearly is more concerned about his job and his ideology than keeping students safe said, previously:

“Let me reiterate this point,” Runcie started off during an interview in his office last month. “<redacted,because he deserves to be nameless>, the shooter that was involved in this horrific accident at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, had no connection to the PROMISE program... I’m not going to allow a shift from what our focus needs to be to a fictitious narrative that’s being made up about a successful program that we have in Broward County that has no connection to the shooter or the situation at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.”

Allow me to translate. "GET BACK TO TRYING TAKING LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS' GUNS AND STOP LOOKING OUT OUR MASSIVE MALFEASANCE!"

Seems that pretty much everyone in a position of authority in Coward Brounty Broward County is looking to deflect from their failures and push gun control, instead.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
The level of incompetence, corruption, and bureaucratic nonsense involved with that county, sheriff's office, and school district is almost hard to comprehend. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The level of incompetence, corruption, and bureaucratic nonsense involved with that county, sheriff's office, and school district is almost hard to comprehend. 

It would make a great story, if the NRA wasn't a much juicier villain for the press to slander.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
Quote from: Superintendent Runcie
Let me reiterate this point, ..... the shooter that was involved in this horrific accident at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, had no connection to the PROMISE program.

Wait, what?  Accident? WTF?

Hawkmoon

• friend
Seems that pretty much everyone in a position of authority in Coward Brounty Broward County is looking to deflect from their failures and push gun control, instead.

Pretty much. Ayup.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
Wait, what?  Accident? WTF?

He was quoted from an interview. I'm willing to believe that he said "incident" and the incompetent "journalist" wrote "accident." They both end with "dent," what's the difference?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
The only thing accidental about the shooting was how the Broward county cowards (aka Sheriff's Dept) and the PC based negligence of the school administration was allowed to be made public.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
It was not an "accident" or "incident".  It was a murderous crime.  But then if the Supt. was to say that, he would not be able to blame the gun.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

freakazoid

• friend
Kind of posted about this before and the much larger problems that resulted from it, http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=56804.0
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966854507744374784.html
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

freakazoid

• friend
Still trying to keep information from getting out, http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-district-stonewalling-20180510-story.html
Following a link from there to an article talking about the school trying to keep video from being released, http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-reg-parkland-shooting-video-release-appeal-20180501-story.html At the end it mentions that the Sheriffs office is investigating the possibility that several BSO deputies failed to enter the school, not just Peterson.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
Talk about bureaucratic doublespeak!

School district spokeswoman Tracy Clark said the district has provided accurate information to investigators, the press and the public as fast as possible and “any suggestion that the district is not being forthcoming is either based on a misunderstanding or misinformation.”

“The district continues to focus on responding in a timely and accurate manner to the unprecedented number of public records requests, media requests and subpoenas related to the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School,” she said in an email. “In addition, we have coordinated numerous interviews with employees as part of the various ongoing investigations. Both the State Attorney’s Office, through the Broward Sheriff’s Office, and the Public Defender’s Office have been given complete copies of the records related to Nikolas Cruz that have been gathered to date.”

Not a school district, but I worked in a public agency for five years -- a municipal building department. Each address that had any activity had a file, and any document that pertained to that address went into that file. If there was an inquiry pertaining to a particular address, it took less than a minute to go to the file area and pull that file. Why would it be any different for a student? One name -- one file.

And why would multiple requests make it orders of magnitude harder? Even if documents had to be collected from multiple locations, given the amount of interest in this case it's a no-brainer to then keep the records (or copies thereof) in one location or file, ready to respond to the next inquiry. The stonewalling is obvious.

From the second article:

The sheriff’s office is investigating allegations by other agencies that several BSO deputies, not just Peterson, failed to enter the school to help wounded students or engage Cruz when they arrived on the scene.

The shooting was on February 14. It's May 14. That's three months. How long can it take to ask each deputy who responded, "Did you enter the building or did you stay in the parking lot?" Officers from the neighboring/overlapping city police department were quoted the day after the event as saying they went past Broward deputies hiding behind patrol cars outside as they (the officers from the municipal PD) entered the building. Just ask them. This is NOT an investigation that requires three-plus months.