Author Topic: Education Department Says Schools Must Post Previously Hidden Title IX Training  (Read 913 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.dailywire.com/news/education-department-says-schools-must-post-previously-hidden-title-ix-training-materials

I wasn't sure what to think of this link, but I did this part:
Title IX training materials that have been released also show schools using the scientifically unsound “trauma-informed” technique, which teaches adjudicators that classic signs of lying are actually signs of trauma and the truth. For example, trauma-informed training says that women who change their stories about their allegations, or who continue to send friendly and loving messages to their alleged attacker are actually traumatized and trying to process what happened to them.

The training materials and policies developed for the University of Texas System, for example, told investigators to “anticipate” and “counter” defense strategies, rather than simply investigate the facts of the case. School police officers were instructed not to write down detailed reports from multiple interviews with accusers and witnesses, so that the defending student can’t point to inconsistencies in the claims.

I am not sure this forces those schools to change their policies but maybe it will make it easier for victims of these policies to sue them for damages.

That last quote linked to this article:
'Victim-centered' sex assault investigations designed to railroad accused
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/victim-centered-sex-assault-investigations-designed-to-railroad-accused
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
This is hilarious, though the subject matter is FUBAR.

If the Trump administration keeps doing basic, Make America A Free Country Again stuff like this, he'll be one of the great statesman of American history.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
If it were not for the innocent lives destroyed, it would be a comedy show watching these people run their word salad maze to make "guilty until (unlikely) proven innocent" a phrase that signifies justice.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
If it were not for the innocent lives destroyed, it would be a comedy show watching these people run their word salad maze to make "guilty until (unlikely) proven innocent" a phrase that signifies justice.

Wonderfully succinct.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife