Author Topic: Using health workers and epidemic control techniques to reduce violence.  (Read 676 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
They claim a lot of success with their methods.

And it may be a lot cheaper in the long-run to do things this way.

The great part of this for us (in addition to the commendable reduction in human suffering), if it does indeed work, is that it proves it's the people not the weapons that drive crime. Of course *we* already know that, but imagine if this and other like groups got all the funding they needed and they reduced both street crime and mass-shootings to a negligible amount.

That would take all the focus off of guns and the controllers would lose a huge, perhaps the biggest, rational for their policies.

With that gone, how could they generate the emotion they need to push their views forward? They'd lose a lot of folks in the middle and there's not enough full-ban-of-all-guns types to matter politically.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
So looking at the criminals who commit crime and the reasons they do so rather than the tools they use.  Is he allowed to say that? 

I always figured the politicians in those areas didn't want to solve the problem.  They just want to blame a boogeyman to avoid any focus on their incompetence and corruption elsewhere. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
So looking at the criminals who commit crime and the reasons they do so rather than the tools they use.  Is he allowed to say that? 

I always figured the politicians in those areas didn't want to solve the problem.  They just want to blame a boogeyman to avoid any focus on their incompetence and corruption elsewhere. 

Chicago
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.