Author Topic: Hornbeck was in on it! child abuction case  (Read 846 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Hornbeck was in on it! child abuction case
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:09:15 PM »
my last thread on the subject I said...
I think it's possible that Hornbeck helped to lure Owen.
Like the Richard Wilder case, victims will help their predators to
alleviate their suffering.....

http://www.fox11az.com/news/topstories/stories/kmsb-20070124-kmovjc-devlinshelp.16496489.html

Police: Shawn Hornbeck forced to help in Ownby kidnapping

01:51 PM MST on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Kara Kaswell, KMOV-TV Reporter

Watch clip 1 of Larrys interview with Shawns parents

KMOV-TV 4 has now learned even more about Shawn's role.

Police say that Michael Devlin grabbed Ben Ownby after the boy got off his school bus, but KMOV-TV 4 News has learned that Devlin had help.

Law enforcement sources say that it was Shawn Hornbeck, a kidnapping victim himself, that grabbed Ben on the rural road to his home and then pushed him into the truck used to abduct him.

Those sources tell News 4 that Hornbeck was forced to push the boy to the floorboard of the white Nissan truck. Weve also learned that Ben was held with a gun and duct tape.

Pediatric psychiatrist Dr. Robin Park says that Devlin would have had to desensitize and brainwash the Shawn for months to get him to do something so clearly wrong.

Police speculate that in Devlins eyes, Shawn, at age 15, was getting too old.

Devlin may have struck a deal with Shawn to help get a new victim. This did not surprise the expert.

Hornbeck's family attorney says that Shawn will in no way be prosecuted for his involvement in the crime. The experts feel sympathy for a child who would go to such lengths.

The Hornbecks family attorney won't yet talk about Shawns involvement in the Ownby kidnapping. He says that Shawn is now in intensive therapy, helping to undo four years of brainwashing, as well as deal with other abuse.

Devlin will be arraigned for the Hornbeck kidnapping Friday morning in Washington County.

Authorities in St. Louis County are expected to file charges soon, related to crimes that occurred in the Devlin apartment.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

glockfan.45

• friend
Re: Hornbeck was in on it! child abuction case
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:23:32 AM »
This happened right here in my little neck of the woods and frankly I am beyond tired of hearing about it. The cover of the papers every day since the abduction have been about this story, the local news stations cant stop talking about it. Talk about beating a dead horse, they just wont let it go. My take on it the Hornbeck kid was a willing victim in the whole thing. There were too many chances he had to escape and he passed on them all. Delvin let Hornbeck go out with friends, sleep over at their houses and in one case the police picked up shawn out past legal curfew one night and he had the cops drop him off back at his "abductors house". If he wanted to escape he could have. If I were investigating the case I would take a closer look into Hornbecks involvement in abducting Ownsby before I gave him a pass so quickly.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »
I'm living by Lambert International (but I'm from Gray Summit/Labadie).  Where you at, glockfan? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:47:51 AM »
I'm across the river in the Alton area.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Iain

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 09:25:47 AM »
Don't underestimate the power of psychological manipulation.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 09:27:55 AM »
Don't underestimate the power of psychological manipulation.
That's what I'm thinking.  Part of that manipulation being that Hornbeck apparently didn't have to go to school.  What kid would leave that?   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife