Author Topic: Shooting at a newsroom  (Read 2182 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Shooting at a newsroom
« on: June 28, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »
Annapolis newsroom shooting leaves 5 people dead; suspect in custody, officials say

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/28/annapolis-newsroom-shooting-leaves-5-people-dead-suspect-in-custody-officials-say.html

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Pull quote
“Gunman shot through the glass door to the office and opened fire on multiple employees," he said. "There is nothing more terrifying than hearing multiple people get shot while you're under your desk and then hear the gunman reload."

Sounds like a good time to return fire to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Shooting at a newsroom
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »
Interesting that the finger mutilations may have been on purpose.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »
The suspect lost a defamation case against the newspaper back in 2012, and had been making online threats against them for the past several years.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 10:33:36 PM »
The police were there in 60 seconds and yet there were still 5 killed. Brings to mind the adage about when seconds count........

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 10:43:26 PM »
The suspect lost a defamation case against the newspaper back in 2012, and had been making online threats against them for the past several years.

Multiple years of threats ignored.
Sometimes it's enough to make you wonder if "they" want this kind of thing to happen.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 12:35:28 AM »
But Trump
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 01:38:10 AM »
Maryland: home to America's weakest, most NRA-compliant gun laws.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 08:23:14 AM »
I wonder if the newspaper offices were designated a "gun free zone" . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 08:47:57 AM »
Maryland: home to America's weakest, most NRA-compliant gun laws.

Are you sure you don't have Maryland confused with some other state? According the the 2018 edition of the Travelers Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States, Maryland has a score of 20 (lower is worse). That's equal to New York, and just slightly better than New Jersey and Massachusetts at 10 each.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 08:49:18 AM »
I wonder if the newspaper offices were designated a "gun free zone" . . .

I'm looking for the answer to that. I need it for my tabulation.

But we know the shooter didn't use an "assault weapon," and the motive apparently wasn't Islamic terrorism.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »
Are you sure you don't have Maryland confused with some other state? According the the 2018 edition of the Travelers Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States, Maryland has a score of 20 (lower is worse). That's equal to New York, and just slightly better than New Jersey and Massachusetts at 10 each.

I was just assuming, since there was a mass shooting with a sawed-off, fully-semi-automatic AR-47, with grenade lug, flash-silencer, and 30-caliber clip, that it must be one of those states ruled over by Dana Loesch's clenched fist of racism. Or something.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 09:14:47 AM »
I'm looking for the answer to that. I need it for my tabulation.

But we know the shooter didn't use an "assault weapon," and the motive apparently wasn't Islamic terrorism.

-Newspaper
-Maryland
I would assume it was a 'gun free zone' until proven otherwise.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 09:15:05 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 09:45:04 AM »
-Newspaper
-Maryland
I would assume it was a 'gun free zone' until proven otherwise.

I thought the entire state of Maryland was a gun-free zone.

Unless, of course, you're one of those people who can be fully trusted with a firearm. Like, say, the Baltimore PD. Everybody trusts them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Baltimore_protests

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 04:23:01 PM »
Maryland is pretty much a gun-free zone.  Permits are "May-issue" and without a "Good and Substantial Reason" you can't get one. (Generally has to be because of your business)

http://handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 04:24:02 PM »
Well, here we go with how a pump action shotgun works:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/06/29/come-on-nbc-news-journos-explanation-of-how-a-shotgun-works-sends-heads-crashing-to-desks-again/

Soon USA Today will have a picture of:

Except with a chainsaw attached. Because it's gotta be killing the usual suspects that grandpappy's shotgun was used here.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 05:20:39 PM »
Well, now we have a dilemma. The NBC [alleged] journalist who explained that a shotgun is like a backwards funnel says the gun was purchased legally. But ... the guy had a criminal history. Which means he was not allowed under federal law to possess (r to buy) a firearm, or ammunition. However, it seems Maryland's carefully-crafted gun control laws don't ask buyers of shotguns if they have been convicted of felonies.

So in my tabulation of mass shootings, do I record this one as having been purchased legally, or illegally? Despite what NBC says, I'm inclined to mark it as illegal.

Has anyone determined whether or not the building (or the newspaper's office) was a gun-free zone?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »
Only report I've heard mentioned a misdemeanor conviction.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
Only report I've heard mentioned a misdemeanor conviction.

You're right -- that's all I can find now. Earlier today, I saw an article (which I can't find again) that said something about Maryland's gun laws requiring strict background checks for handguns and "assault weapons," but not requiring checks for shotguns. Maybe I was reading more than was said, but I had the impression they were saying that he shouldn't have been allowed to buy a firearm.

But ... now I can't find that article (or, if I found it again, it has been updated and that statement removed).

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
Multiple years of threats ignored.
Sometimes it's enough to make you wonder if "they" want this kind of thing to happen.

"They" are throwing out as many shiny baubles as possible in an attempt to distract from the accelerating unraveling of "The Plan" and unveiling of all their nasty disgusting secrets that started when Hillary lost the election in 2016.  Its not working, so "They" are getting panicked & desperate for something, ANYTHING to take the heat off of themselves.  Some talking head on the glass teat supported crashing the economy a few days ago.  I read in passing this AM that some Left leaning Millionaire suggested that a Nuclear War would help in redirecting Trump.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.