Author Topic: Beer For Dogs  (Read 1138 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Beer For Dogs
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:33:58 PM »
 grin

--------------
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070124/ap_on_fe_st/doggie_beer

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - After a long day hunting, there's nothing like wrapping your paw around a cold bottle of beer. So Terrie Berenden, a pet shop owner in the southern Dutch town of Zelhem, created a beer for her Weimaraners made from beef extract and malt.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Once a year we go to Austria to hunt with our dogs, and at the end of the day we sit on the verandah and drink a beer. So we thought, my dog also has earned it," she said.

Berenden consigned a local brewery to make and bottle the nonalcoholic beer, branded as Kwispelbier. It was introduced to the market last week and advertised it as "a beer for your best friend."

"Kwispel" is the Dutch word for wagging a tail.

The beer is fit for human consumption, Berenden said. But at euro1.65 ($2.14) a bottle, it's about four times more expensive than a Heineken.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Beer For Dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:37:03 PM »

The beer is fit for human consumption, Berenden said. But at euro1.65 ($2.14) a bottle, it's about four times more expensive than a Heineken.

But being made with beef extract what is the taste?  And to top it off what would be the point if it is non-alcoholic.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Cosmoline

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »
Most dogs actually love low-alch high yeast homebrews.  Most don't like straight liquor, but I did know one pup who would swig vodka or bourbon.  She'd actually clasp her lips around the bottle and drink  laugh 

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:45:50 PM »
She'd actually clasp her lips around the bottle and drink

A boozehound, huh?

~GnSx

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:29:59 AM »
I used to have an Airedale that would knock your beer over and drink it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:43:01 AM »
I had a beagle that used to drink beer. I once set a mug on the floor next to my chair and she came over and started drinking the beer out of it. So, I started giving her some when I would imbibe. She seemed to truly like the taste.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 06:24:54 AM »
What is the legal drinking age for dogs?

Is it safe to drink while hiking one's leg?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 07:07:31 AM »
Beef flavored beer?  And non-alcoholic?
Darn, I might have finally found the beer for me...
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:29:53 AM »
What is the legal drinking age for dogs?
Three. (That's 21 in dog years.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain