Author Topic: So I guess it is a "thing" now.  (Read 1635 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: So I guess it is a "thing" now.
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
I saw an interview with a guy who runs a gamer channel on youtube.  It was on Hank Strange and the talk about first person shooter games and does it translate to actual shooting.  The guy had subscribers in the millions. 

The only time I can remember ever watching something like that was just to get tips for when I played the game.  The games I play these days are just quick time wasters though (Treadmarks and X-wing Alliance).  There are a few real time strategy games I like, but never have enough time to really play.  I stopped even looking at new games.

I usually only play a game or two at a time.  Chomping at the bit for Red Dead Redemption 2 this year!
Currently play PUBG on xbox almost exclusively. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 01:52:53 PM »
No more Tanks?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
There is a channel on YouTube made by a Airsoft "Sniper" who has a GoPro on his rifle and films his shots. The guy is very good and it is interesting to watch the tactics and you catch the damned cheaters on video, so there's that.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »
No more Tanks?

Occasionally I'll play but I've been loving Pubg as long as I've got a squad.  It's got issues on console but the game is so damn random it's fun and the adrenaline rush in the top 10 is real.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
I am trying to imagine earning hundreds of thousands a month, especially at that age.  I imagine those guy put in a LOT of hours playing and editing and posting to keep the train rolling. 

I was also thinking millions of people sit for hours watching cars drive around in circles really fast.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 10:04:37 PM »
I am trying to imagine earning hundreds of thousands a month, especially at that age.  I imagine those guy put in a LOT of hours playing and editing and posting to keep the train rolling. 

I was also thinking millions of people sit for hours watching cars drive around in circles really fast.

They say a lot of YouTube stars are putting in long hours, and find it difficult to be "on" so often, for so long. And YouTube pressures them to make longer videos.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/08/24/545552788/youtube-stars-stress-out-just-like-the-rest-of-us
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:44 AM »

People watch Golf. Let that sink in.
 =D

They say a lot of YouTube stars are putting in long hours, and find it difficult to be "on" so often, for so long. And YouTube pressures them to make longer videos.

Multiple platforms.  Twitch.  Mixer is new but same idea.  Same thing on all of them.  streamers do 12+ hour live streams.  It's not some easy gravy train at the top. 
It's funny how that works. Want to be successful? You gotta hustle.
JD